Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2010, 08:41 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
Georgia Politics

What is everyones opinion on the recent Georgia election and it's impact on Atlanta? Looks like the balance of power is shifting to north Georgia. Will Deal be friendly to the city?

Old 12-31-2010, 12:25 PM  

newnan, georgia
grrrr

None of the canidates suited me both of em are crooks but at least deal is a republican, we think. Time will tell.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:36 PM  

Dublin, GA
Crooks

Most ploiticians are crooks some are just bigger crooks than others. I really would like to see more of my tax payers dollars spent somewhere else in the state other than in Atlanta. I wonder what percentage of taxes collected come from Atlanta and what percentage come from outside Atlanta?
Old 01-23-2011, 02:10 PM  

Atlanta, GA
I just can't trust Deal. It bothers me that the governor is getting close to retirement age and is 3-4 million dollars in debt. The temptation to use his office to make up the lost ground is too much. Especially for somebody that is already being investigated for influencing government to his own ends.

I usially vote republican, but this time I voted for the democrat. I have given up on both parties and think they are all crooks. The only way to keep them in line is to split the parties and not let either of them get too much power. As long as the reps hold the legislature I'll vote dem for the governor's mansion.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:48 AM  

Absolutely! You can't trust any of them so the best solution is a split government - keep 'em guessing and register Independent.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:32 PM  

Marietta, GA
I second the Independent!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:25 PM  

Douglasville, Georgia
Independents will never have enough to win; therefore only taking votes from one side or the other. I think most politicians start out right, but quickly learn that you can't beat the system. That's why the power shift and replacement of many at one time was a great thing. We need to do that a few more times and MAYBE they will take heed and listen. The tea party republicans are the best thing going right now...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Bookmark this Page!