Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2010, 05:18 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Homebrew Stores in Atlanta

Hop City, while a great beer store, has a moderate homebrew selection. They do beer tastings and sell the used bottles from those tastings for real cheap (especially if you catch them before they've removed the labels). It's in midtown next door to the 5 Seasons.

If you're in the Alpharetta area, Beer Necessities has a great selection of both equipment and ingredients. They've always had every ingredient I needed on hand.

Where else is there around town?

Old 11-16-2010, 09:31 PM  

Lilburn, georgia
I live in Lilburn. I go to Home Brew Supply on Indian Trail Road about a mile south of I85. They have wine and beer making classes about once a month for beginners.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:40 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Hop City has been steadily expanding their homebrew selection. It still could be better, but they've got a lot of malts, yeasts, and a moderate selection of hops. They also carry the cheapest liquid malt extract I've ever seen.

Just OTP on Roswell Rd. you'll find Winecraft, who have a pretty good selection.

I've never been there, but I've heard that Just Brew It is pretty good if you're south of Atlanta.

...and for the cheapest giant pots you can find, you go to the Buford Highway Farmer's Market. You can get a 52 quart aluminum pot there for about 30 bucks.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:25 AM  

Atlanta, Georgia
Absolute hands down best in the metro area is Brewmaster's Warehouse. They mostly do mail-order, so you'll have better luck ordering online and picking up in person than actually going to the store, but they have great prices and selection. brewmasterswarehouse.com, and no, I'm not in any way connected to them.

I find Beer Necessities and Just Brew It to be equal: pretty good, pretty expensive, and pretty helpful.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:10 PM  

Greensboro, Georgia
Blockader is a nice little establishment in Athens if you find yourself out that way. Just down the hill from the Varsity. Very friendly and knowledgable. Been getting stuff from them for a couple years now.

Rich
Old 11-17-2010, 05:43 PM  

Savannah, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmekon View Post
Absolute hands down best in the metro area is Brewmaster's Warehouse.
+1

I use them for most of my brewing needs. Great malt selection and I love the Brew Builder. My Hushpuppy Oat Pale Ale took Bronze recently and the same recipe with an infusion of fresh basil tops took Gold.

David
Old 11-18-2010, 08:36 AM  

Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk305 View Post
I live in Lilburn. I go to Home Brew Supply on Indian Trail Road about a mile south of I85. They have wine and beer making classes about once a month for beginners.
I go there as well...very nice establishment...they were my first...and even though I live closer so a different HBS now, I still go there.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:01 AM  

Atlanta
I go to Just Brew It, but I'll have to try Hop City. I originally started out making wine but I really enjoyed my first batch of beer. I was pleasently suprised.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:00 AM  

Atlanta, GA
I primarily go to Just Brew It. The prices there are the best in the area. FAR lower than Brew Depot, and I like the atmosphere better.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dplittle View Post
+1

I use them for most of my brewing needs. Great malt selection and I love the Brew Builder. My Hushpuppy Oat Pale Ale took Bronze recently and the same recipe with an infusion of fresh basil tops took Gold.

David
+2

Brewmasters Warehouse is awesome. They have amazing grain prices - so good that I don't think I'll be buying a roller and custom crushing any time soon. I generally don't get my hops there though - hopsdirect.com is by far the best prices I've seen

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Bookmark this Page!