Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2010, 09:39 PM  

Stone Mountain, Georgia
Organic Compost

I've been making lots of compost but I don't think it will be nearly as much I plan to use in the up coming growing season (and I think I started rather late .. so I was thinking if anybody know of a great source for compost for good price .. (I mean those who sell by the truck loads).

Old 12-27-2010, 01:13 PM  

Decatur, Georgia
This may help you out

http://www.gacompost.org/

also, although I haven't personally need their services, a colleague of mine once used a place called luxury landscape in Lawrenceville, Georgia. They should have a website if you google the name. Good luck!!

Old 12-28-2010, 03:17 PM  

What about your local University extension agent?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:59 AM  

We got ours from Pikes Nursery on Lindberg last year, but we may try Farmer D's at Briarcliff and Lavista this year... They get all their stuff from the Whole Foods right across the street. Another place that we ran into was Starbucks, they had bags of used grounds available for free, these are great for compost piles.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:26 AM  

A lot of times the local land fill will have mulch you can get free. Often the mulch has been around so long it has turned into compose, Mulch turns into compost in a year or so. Also if you see the truck doing tree work near you house they will dump the contents of their truck in your yard also free of charge. When you see a road widening project the often grind up the tree and leave piles on the side of the road you can help yourself to that.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:20 AM  
Web Developer (va)

try to check this site:
forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/south/msg0522263618834.html

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Bookmark this Page!