Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2010, 11:15 AM  

Nashville, TN
The Porter Beer Bar - Little 5 points area

My wife and I are totally bee lovers. After discovering The Porter Beer Bar, it is by far one of our favorites. They ALWAYS have a great selection of beer on tap and in bottles. They probably have about 40 taps and at least one cask brew going at all times. The food is awesome... Belgian Herb Garlic Fries are to die for and the Steamed Muscles are awesome! They always use a beer like Sweetwater 420 or some other IPA or pale ale to steam them with and the broth is great to sop up with the bread they serve with it. Its an easy place to go and simply get lost in the atmosphere, good brew, and people! Here is their website: The Porter Beer Bar ~ Brilliant Beer Bar, Grub and Suds in the Heart of Little Five Points, Atlanta, GA

Also.. don't forget that they have some pretty awesome french press that they partner with Aurora Coffee on. Its pretty good to have after a few pints before you leave.

Loooooooooooooove THE PORTER and the people that work there. The proprietors are Molly Gunn ("boss lady") and Nick Rutherford (Chef de Cuisine). They are great people and Nick knows how to cook!

Old 11-22-2010, 02:14 PM  

Atlanta, GA
If you're ever in Athens, check out Trapeze. It's a similar sort of concept what with the fancy beer and all. Personally, in Atlanta I think Brick Store tops Porter in terms of food, but that's just me.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:43 PM  

Sugar Hill, GA
Get the fish and chips. I have had it twice, and they give you two big pieces of fish, cooked perfectly, on a big basket of fries. Homemade tarter sauce is the perfect compliment.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:31 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambriel View Post
If you're ever in Athens, check out Trapeze. It's a similar sort of concept what with the fancy beer and all. Personally, in Atlanta I think Brick Store tops Porter in terms of food, but that's just me.
I agree on the food part. The food my wife and I got at The Porter was good but not anything to rave about. Food AND Beer at BSPub were fantastic. Trappeze always has some of my favorite beers on tap. Expedition Stout by Bell on Tap was one of my favorite beer experiences of all time - Thanks Trappeze!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:56 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
The Porter is probably my fave place in L5P. Great beer, decent prices and good food. I am still amazed when I discover that some people havent been there. Some people I have talked to don't even realize that there is a dining area in the rear past the bar; they say "I walked by and it looked like there was just 10 seats at the bar. Too crowded" Walk inside people! It's great!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:44 AM  

Atlanta, Georgia
Porter is a great addition to the L5P area. They typically have plenty of seating if you ask. The food is awesome though I would say not quite as good as Leon's in Decatur. Definitely worth a try!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:12 AM  

Savannah, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbone View Post
Also.. don't forget that they have some pretty awesome french press that they partner with Aurora Coffee on. Its pretty good to have after a few pints before you leave.

Had one of my favorite brunches ever at The Porter a month or so ago. Was in town for the weekend and we ended up at The Porter about 11:30am on a Sunday morning. Food was good but I tell you that coffee was some of the best I've had in a while.

And, at high noon, I was able to order a pint of Stone Vertical Epic 10.10.10!
Old 12-11-2010, 04:38 AM  

atlanta, GA
I will have to look 4 it. what street is it on?
Old 12-12-2010, 06:44 AM  

Sugar Hill, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by labguy64 View Post
I will have to look 4 it. what street is it on?
1156 Euclid Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30307
And you DO have to look for it. The front of the bar is about 12 feet wide. It is about 60 yards deep, however.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Bookmark this Page!