Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-16-2011, 10:42 PM  

Dublin, GA
I will have to agree with most everyone else about a wrangler not being a death trap. If you are new to stick then it could get dicey. Remember sudden braking and depressing the clutch will equal to the rear tires locking up. If you have to brake suddenly, do not depress the clutch until you are almost stopped, this will help keep the back brakes from locking up. Now a Smart Car on the interstate in Atlanta is a death trap.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:05 AM  

Cumming, Georgia
I drive my YJ on the interstates and downtown all the time. I'm running a 4.5" lift and 35" tires and never had a problem. Of course I drive it like a YJ, 70 miles an hour tops and I stay in the right hand lanes unless I'm passing.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:10 PM  

Cumming, Georgia
I make the trip down 400 every morning in my JK. No problems so far, although I don't think I'll try it without the doors
Old 01-20-2011, 08:40 PM  

BuckHead, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I drive my YJ on the interstates and downtown all the time. I'm running a 4.5" lift and 35" tires and never had a problem. Of course I drive it like a YJ, 70 miles an hour tops and I stay in the right hand lanes unless I'm passing.
Same here.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:32 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
I have a Jeep Unlimited with a 4" lift. I find that driving my Jeep makes other cars aware of my own.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:39 AM  

Atlanta, GA
Sometimes I feel like any car in Atlanta is a death trap. If you don't die from crazy drivers you will from boredom sitting in traffic.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:34 AM  

Atlanta, Georgia
Eh, just be on the defense you'll be alright.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:03 PM  

Atlanta, GA
IF your wrangler is a deathtrap then what's my '72 CJ5?

Its not the car its the driver. I drive an old car with 40 year old springs, shocks, ball joints, and maybe oil. But I realize all of this so I drive like a little old lady in the right lane. I don't push it, and I leave a lot of space in front of me, and I still make it from Smyrna to midtown in 25 minutes every morning. Just keep your head in the game.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:39 AM  

On the wrong day in the wrong situation, anything can be a death trap. Given that, and the fact that Jeeps are really not meant for freeways, downtown Atlanta is no worse than any other big city. Be alert and drive defensively.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:28 PM  

Marietta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by willrobinson View Post
On the wrong day in the wrong situation, anything can be a death trap. Given that, and the fact that Jeeps are really not meant for freeways, downtown Atlanta is no worse than any other big city. Be alert and drive defensively.
Completely agree.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.