Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-30-2010, 07:24 AM  

Paige, Texas
I know the OP was about parks in the Austin Area, but no list of great Texas state parks is complete without Garner State Park.

It's totally worth the drive out there. My favorite route is to take HWY 46 West out of New Braunfels, through Boerne, Bandera, and Utopia.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:35 AM  

TX
I have been to Garner, it is a great park with a very nice cold refreshing river!

Old 12-30-2010, 11:47 AM  
Destroyer of Worlds

Georgetown, Texas
The Green Belt is amazing in general. tons of hiking and swimming areas, and pleasant people to run across. If you are into theater as well then you can watch the Austin Shakespeare at the theater right by Barton Springs. Its free and they do a great job, I used to volunteer with them.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:19 PM  

Bastrop State Park is my personal fav, great camping.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 PM  

Austin, Texas
Inks lake is my favorite so far. Very nice tent camping, lots of hiking, swimming, all kids of stuff.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:10 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicontx View Post
I have been to Garner, it is a great park with a very nice cold refreshing river!
I love Garner. The first time I went was with my Wife when we first started dating. I've been back a coupler of times. After the floods, they said they weren't going to reopen the lower camp grounds, which is a shame.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:43 PM  

My favorite local one is Pedernales Falls. Inks Lake is good. I really like Colorado Bend SP, but its up near San Saba- about a 2 hour drive.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:37 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Pedernales Falls is great. Not a State Park but Hamilton Pool is nice. Blanco is a State Park but small.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:37 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
I was in Colorado Springs and they have a Rudy's there? Seemed like an odd place. Didn't know they were out of Texas.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:49 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Pedernales Falls is great. Not a State Park but Hamilton Pool is nice. Blanco is a State Park but small.
I've almost gotten into Hamilton a couple of times, but after enough Lonestar and a few hours of waiting we gave up.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.