Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2010, 09:30 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
The Backroom used to have a decent setup of machines but I think they closed down?

Was a nice dive bar to drink cheap beer and play pool 4-5 years ago.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:42 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal View Post
I'd guess D&B is probably the closest thing left to a real arcade type situation... That's all I can think of... Accept for the bowling alley out on 183 but... ehh... Rather have good food and booze vs bowling...
I'm like D&B, but they used to not let kids in and now they do. If I wanted to hang out with a bunch of kids while I play video games, I can stay at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The Backroom used to have a decent setup of machines but I think they closed down?

Was a nice dive bar to drink cheap beer and play pool 4-5 years ago.
Ahhh... Memories. They also had an are you standing up limit. Are you standing up? You should have another beer.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:36 PM  

winnsboro, tx
There was nothing like begging for some change and getting after some PolePosition, or Centipede.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:04 PM  

Austin, TX
I could see an arcade doing well given the right setup in Austin. I was living in Portland recently and they had a great place called Ground Kontrol that was full of classic arcade machines and pinball machines. They also served beer and had rock band contests and such. It was a great setup. Sadly, I think the closest we have in Austin right now is Kung Fu Panda...and it's not anywhere near the same vibe, much more bar than arcade. Anyway, we can hope...
Old 12-12-2010, 02:26 PM  

Manor, Texas
Check out Pinballz arcade on Research. Lots of pinball machines to choose from.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:05 AM  

Austin, TX
Arcade UFO - Austin, Texas!

Its a little north of UT. Specialization in fighting games, but they also have other stuff. Owned by fighting game enthusiasts. Lots of events. They're getting in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition in the next week or so.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:10 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMarioKart View Post

Its a little north of UT. Specialization in fighting games, but they also have other stuff. Owned by fighting game enthusiasts. Lots of events. They're getting in Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition in the next week or so.
Sweet. I'll check it out.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:44 PM  

Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMarioKart View Post

Yes, this is very good info. My wife took me to Einstein's and Le Fun to play DDR on our very first date (8 years ago). I'd never played DDR before, but we had to go to both locations because they each had different versions of the game.

aww...but it looks like Arcade UFO doesn't have any DDR. There goes my surprise Xmas present for her.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:11 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobyhack View Post
Yes, this is very good info. My wife took me to Einstein's and Le Fun to play DDR on our very first date (8 years ago). I'd never played DDR before, but we had to go to both locations because they each had different versions of the game.

aww...but it looks like Arcade UFO doesn't have any DDR. There goes my surprise Xmas present for her.
DDR? What's that?
Old 12-22-2010, 05:19 AM  

Austin, TX
They dont have DDR, but they appear to have something close. Its called In the Groove 2

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.