Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 09:28 AM  

League City, TX
Austin Area Breweries

I'm thinking of visiting Austin to do some brewery touring. What breweries are in the area and which ones should I hit up? If there are any brewpubs that are decent, by all means include them in the suggestions.

Thanks!

Old 11-19-2010, 09:33 AM  

Houston, TX
i know of independence, 512, north by northwest, jester king, live oak, real ale is nearby in blanco, as is frederisckburg brewery.

click link, it shows all breweries/brewpubs in texas, it's on the right side, a bit down from top.
Barley Vine: Saint Arnold Divine Reserve Vertical Tasting

you can click on each to see where they are, I may have missed a couple.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:49 AM  

Austin, Tx
Most of the Austin breweries only have open houses a few times a year. Independence does one once a month on a Saturday. Real Ale in Blanco is open every Friday for free tasting and tour.

There are quite a few brewpubs in town though. The drafthouse is a well known on in North Austin. They have a number of very good guest taps and usually 2 or 3 of their own brews. Uncle Billy's Brew and Que is a great place for lunch, they have 7 or 8 of their own on tap and once in a while they do a guest tap. They had a cask of Jester King beer the other night.

North by Northwest is a restaraunt/brewery but frankly I think they are more concerned about food than beer, their beers are ok but the food is excellent.

There is also Lovejoys and the newly opened Black Star Coop. Black Star just brewed their first batch a couple days ago so they dont have their own beer yet but do have guest taps. I have never been to lovejoys.

That should get you started
Old 11-21-2010, 08:50 AM  

League City, TX
Excellent information! Thank you!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:10 PM  

Live Oak Brewing Company

Live Oak Brewing Company has live tours Tour - Live Oak Brewing Company

It's located in East Austin
Old 11-22-2010, 09:44 AM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Never been a fan of their food but I love NXNW's Hefe. I can't imagine the money that went into that place. Excellent location and setup.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:21 AM  

Austin, TX
NXNW is hit or miss, their Hef is good, I liked their Pale Ale.
Circle Brewing is a new brewery that is working on their first batches, based on their website, it looks like they may already be giving tours, they're up off Braker Lane in north Austin.
There are also some great places to find beer in Ausitn, they may not brew their own, but have great selections and lots of local options, a few come to mind: the Gingerman and Flying Saucer (chains but still great places), the Draught House on Burnet Rd, Pour House Pub, Whip-In (Indian Restaurant with a pretty good selection of beers, they apparently tapped an Avery Keg a few months ago that no one else in Texas had, I would assume that they try to do that sort of thing as often as possible), and Bender Bar in south Austin is not bad either.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:50 PM  

Round Rock, TX
Haven't been to these yet myself, but there's Black Star Co-op and Uncle Billy's in Austin, and Real Ale Brewing out in Blanco
Old 11-29-2010, 08:08 PM  
Supporting Member

Leander, Texas
Live oak tours are most every Saturday
Old 11-30-2010, 12:25 PM  

Bastrop, Tx, Texas
I've heard good things about Black Star Co-op and Shiner in Shiner Tx. tours

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads