Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2010, 08:28 AM  

Austin, TX
Has anyone been out to Shiner for a tour? I am turning 30 this month and the wife and I are thinking about a weekend getaway. Anything else to do out there?

Old 12-01-2010, 11:18 AM  

Bastrop, Tx, Texas
Check this out maybe it will help
Shiner.com
Happy birthday and good luck
Let us here your 12oz story next week

Old 12-01-2010, 12:48 PM  

Austin, TX
There are new ventures sprouting up daily. Word on the street is that there's also a brewpub opening soon in Marble Falls, just west of Austin. The name is Double Horn Brewing Company I believe.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:45 PM  

Austin, Texas
NXNW has some fair dark stuff too. I enjoyed the black, and I'm looking forward to the stout.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:23 AM  

Austin, Texas
Quote:
There are new ventures sprouting up daily. Word on the street is that there's also a brewpub opening soon in Marble Falls, just west of Austin. The name is Double Horn Brewing Company I believe.
Also one in dripping springs. Forget the name.

Regarding Shiner: I wouldn't make it a destination, it's really not that great. The tour is short, and they give you like 3 beer chips. If you are driving out near that way for some other reason, then sure, make a short detour, but to drive from any of the 4 major citys... well, you are probably better off just spending the gas money and getting a Shiner mixed pack.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:22 AM  

Austin, TX
One of my favorites is Real Ale Brewery. They are about an hour or so away in Blanco, TX, but well worth the drive. The tasting room is open Fridays from 2:00 - 5:00, with tours at 3:00 and 4:00.

Real Ale Brewing
Old 12-06-2010, 02:46 PM  

College Station, Texas
Live Oak Brewing has sign ups on their website for tours. Plan ahead it fills up. I've visited them earlier this year prior to the sign ups and they had too many people for their small brewery.

I had the chance to visit Independence this past weekend and had a great time. They aren't as limited by space, but it definitely pays to show up early as the line gets pretty long. Their Stash IPA was fantastic.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:16 PM  

Austin, Texas
So are NXNW's beers worth a visit at all? I've been there once before and it wasn't until months later that I learned they brewed. I don't remember staff even mentioning it. It certainly wasn't a focus.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:54 AM  

Austin, Texas
I loved the NXNW dunkelweizen. I rarely find a dunkel at all, let alone a decent one.

Their Kegs are pretty cheap, so if you want something a little more sophisticated than Natty Light for your next keg party, get some of their Blond Ale.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:16 AM  

College Station, Texas
NXNW has a good pale. Their Black ale is tasty too. Right now there is a seasonal version of the black aged in bourbon barrels that gives it a nice aroma.

My wife however was very unhappy with the espresso stout she got. I tried it and I've definitely had better.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads