Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-14-2010, 10:35 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
The Bakehouse

I used to work there a decade ago (I feel old), anyone eaten there recently? How was it?

Old 09-26-2010, 05:33 PM  

Austin, Texas
The one off of Manchaca Rd near Stassney? Good grief, it's been 15yrs since I have even thought of that place.

I'm curious to know as well. I used to like it enough, but it was really due to the proximity to my apartment (Cherry Creek Apts).

Old 10-01-2010, 12:11 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I lived at The Merrimack Apartments across the street from it.

It had good food. I miss a couple of the things they use to carry, the sausage crisp for instance.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:22 PM  

Austin, Texas
I have not eaten there in a while but they have the BEST escargot stuffed mushrooms in Austin!
Affordable too!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:51 AM  

Austin, Texas
So I took my son and a friend to the Bake House last night and the food was good. My son had the prime rib, I had the Grilled liver and onions with bacon and the friend had the Jeager schnitzel. The schnitzel was a little over cooked and dry, but it was decent. Needless to say, we had a double order of the escargot stuffed mushrooms.
YUM!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:56 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Loved the Escargot when I worked there. People ordered it ll the time. The liver too. We pan fried it at the time. The prime rib was always excellent and I'm glad to hear they kept it on menu.

It was a cool place to work. The people were pretty relaxed, never really had any issues.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads