Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2010, 04:12 PM  

Austin, Tx
Black Star

I've been meaning to check these guys out (living on the North side ) I am in the process of building a "nano-brewery" for our neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods. I'm a huge supporter of the local brewery and brewpubs

Old 12-12-2010, 10:24 AM  

Austin, Texas
I guess I just don't get the whole Co-Op thing. So I buy into it to basically help finance the business to get it started or keep it going, and as a result I can cast a vote about certain issues at certain times?

So is this like being a shareholder in a large business, or am I missing something?

Old 12-16-2010, 06:36 AM  

Austin, TX
That seems to be pretty much it. But they throw in other incentives, like birthday specials, to make it seem more attractive. On the plus side it's not that expensive. All in all I'd say "meh".
Old 12-17-2010, 08:49 PM  

Austin, TX, Texas
I love the place. However, i had some snide service there and wished i was able to tip so that i could not to send a message. I am a member owner, there should be some qa available there...
Old 12-21-2010, 01:45 PM  

Austin, TX
was the beer any good?
Old 12-21-2010, 09:10 PM  

austin, TX
Yeah, how is the beer? If it's good, I am all game into giving it a whirl.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:27 AM  

austin, tx
I have had the double dee and the vulcan rye beer. They were out of the porter (recalcitrant dockhand) when I was there.

Both decent beers, I think I like the JK Wytchmaker better as far as ryePA's go. Double Dee was good, some hops and residual sweetness. I am assuming these beers are still from their first couple runs on the brewhouse, and it shows. They are good, but not 100% there. I would imagine some more time in the brewery and it will be pretty solid.

I have had mostly good service, the no tip thing is weird. I get the idea, but I really like being able to tip as a sign of appreciation for good/bad service.

Is it me, or is north lamar now brimming with great beer establishments? Flying Saucer, Dhouse, and BlackStar, all within maybe 2 miles.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:48 PM  

Amarillo, TX
I have a friend who just went there. He loved the place and agreed that the no tipping thing was odd and was actively refused by the staff.

As for the rest he thought it was a great place.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:41 PM  

Austin, TX, Texas
So far ive only seen 3 beers, and have had them all and they were all very drinkable. Nothing outstanding/award winning thusfar, but great tasting beers for sure. Cant wait to see them stretch their legs more
Old 12-29-2010, 09:16 PM  

Austin, Texas
beer

so i've had their vulcan and enjoyed it, but the high esteem was made with mandarin orange peel and was not very good. i was told that the mash ph was too high so they added the oranges to lower the ph. it won't be made that way everytime. on the up and up, they have a cool pint night every monday and you can meet the brewers for the local breweries. and their fries are awesome.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.