Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2010, 01:44 PM  

Austin
Cycling in Austin

I've hit the green belt pretty hard and I like a lot of north Austin trails, but is there anywhere down south or on the east side? I know thy have been putting a lot of money into the parks on the east side.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:29 PM  

Austin
I thought I heard a buddy telling m they opened a new park on the east side, but I don't think it was a bike path. You're nuts cycling on the east side till they are done gentrifying. Yuppies on the east side was the best thing that ever happened to that community.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:02 AM  

Austin
The eastside is getting better. Yup, yuppies are to blame. I still hate how they're putting up uglier than the poor people's houses though.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:46 PM  

Austin, Texas
You can try 71W after the Y at oakhill. Lots of hill country riding and wide smooth roads.

I don't bike. I'm glad the city is putting in bike lanes, they are seriously choking the smaller streets during rush hour.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:00 AM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by balloo93 View Post
You can try 71W after the Y at oakhill. Lots of hill country riding and wide smooth roads.

I don't bike. I'm glad the city is putting in bike lanes, they are seriously choking the smaller streets during rush hour.

I've heard good things about cycling in Oakhill. Seems the city likes us.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:28 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I like Oakhill period. I have to drive my Grandmother out to the cemetery out there to put flowers on her mothers grave from time to time. Nice area.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:01 AM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
I'm a mountain biker, not a road biker. I don't mind bikes on the road when there is a shoulder, but it drives me freaking NUTS when I see them riding on roads like Lime Creek. Blind corners and no shoulders mean bad things are going to happen.

Do we have any mountain bikers? I ride a 07 Kona Kikapoo F/S. I've been happy with it so far, but it is kind of heavy compared to my Trek. But the Trek isn't a F/S.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:41 AM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
I road and mountain bike. Greenbelt is fun. There is a good trail off Lamar way up North almost in the Pflugerville area.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:45 AM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Do you mean Walnut Creek? That's the one I usually go to. I've never done the Greenbelt. Hear parts are good and others are really hard. I've done City Park twise. Probably wont go back. Way to hard for me.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:35 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78BO View Post
Do you mean Walnut Creek? That's the one I usually go to. I've never done the Greenbelt. Hear parts are good and others are really hard. I've done City Park twise. Probably wont go back. Way to hard for me.
Walnut Creek? Past the river?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!