Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-07-2010, 05:39 PM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Walnut creek is about 200 yards south of the Yager ln light on N Lamar before you get to Parmer. It's the park that has all of the softball fields. It's a great place. It has both a BMX and a mountain bike side. Here is a google link.

walnut creek park austin - Google Maps

Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Awesome link. I've lived south of the river at a couple of points, but I never explored the area.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:56 PM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Awesome link. I've lived south of the river at a couple of points, but I never explored the area.
Well, it's been a while and I'm not in near as good of shape as last year, but if you ever want a tour of that place let me know. I'd say on a scale of 1-5 it's all over the place. The BMX side is 2-2.5. But the M/B side can go from 1 to 5 depending on what part of the park you are on. The parts I ride are usually the BMX side for a warm up and then hit the east side for the trail. If I have enough in me I'll hit up the west side. Most of these trails are 3s and under. My 10 year old rides it with me. He walks some of it, but rides most.
It's a lot of fun and good for a couple of hours of riding.

Bryan
Old 09-22-2010, 07:28 PM  

College Station, TX, TX
Here is a pretty good list of trails:
MountainBikeTx.com | Texas Mountain Bike Trails
Old 09-26-2010, 05:30 PM  

Austin, Texas
It's been literally YEARS since i have been, but I believe Edwards Park up near 360 had a great mountain bike trail.

In South Austin there are bike paths in Mary Moore Searight Park off of Slaughter lane. My son and I hike those trails quite a bit and they look interesting.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:39 PM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by balloo93 View Post
It's been literally YEARS since i have been, but I believe Edwards Park up near 360 had a great mountain bike trail.

In South Austin there are bike paths in Mary Moore Searight Park off of Slaughter lane. My son and I hike those trails quite a bit and they look interesting.
HA, we used to disc golf there all the time. Many good times there.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:44 PM  

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78BO View Post
HA, we used to disc golf there all the time. Many good times there.
The hiking/biking trails weave all over the park. You can uh... smell when you are getting near the disc golf course

My neighborhood backs up to the back of Searight. I used to pack up my kids in a jogging stroller, walk or job 4miles through the trails and be at the main park so the kids could play.

Seems to me that with the economy the way it is, there are a LOT more people at the parks and hike/bike/jogging trails. Probably because they're free.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:41 PM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
LOL, yea there's one place we named fat nutz. I think it's between the 4th and 5th holes. I never really smoked, but most would stop off and relax a bit.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:41 PM  

Albuquerque, NM
I'll be in town next week and hope to get a road ride in. Likely going to try around Bee Cave, 71, etc. area.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:40 AM  

Houston, TX
If you are looking to get out of Austin and do some mountain biking, check out Bluff Creek Ranch in Warda (just outside of La Grange). The trails are in good condition and I'm usually toast after 2 loops.

It isn't too technical, but you can get a good flow going & there is one tough climb.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.