Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2010, 08:36 AM  

Austin, TX
Dog Parks

Just got a puppy. What are some good dog parks in Austin? I would like to take him after he gets all of his shots.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:50 PM  

Round Rock, TX
Check the Austin Parks and Rec site for a full list of the off leash areas.

Our favorite Austin Dog Park would be Red Bud Isle. It is a small island in Town Lake at the base of the Tom Miller Dam. Its quite a large area for a dog park, and has plenty of space for the dogs to roam.

We used to frequent Bull Creek, but it is no longer an off-leash area at the moment.

If you on the north side of town Round Rock has a decent dog park. We now spend most of our time there, but only because it's close by and we are lazy.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:54 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Nice one on the corner of I35/Riverside we used to go to.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:07 AM  

Austin, Texas
Red Bud is not fenced in. In that regard, Walnut Creek Park , while not a dog park, is off leash once you cross the creek. There is a small dog park inside of some neighborhood park at 9th and west lynn.

Also didn't you read the posting requirements? You are required to post pictures of your puppy if you mention them.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:21 AM  

Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Nice one on the corner of I35/Riverside we used to go to.
Came here to say this. It's fenced in and the separate area for smaller dogs is usually a great place to hang out and read a book.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:43 AM  

I'll have to check out the 135 one, I've gone to redbud and liked it though.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:46 AM  

austin, tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehoursfree View Post
Red Bud is not fenced in. In that regard, Walnut Creek Park , while not a dog park, is off leash once you cross the creek. There is a small dog park inside of some neighborhood park at 9th and west lynn.

Also didn't you read the posting requirements? You are required to post pictures of your puppy if you mention them.
Red Bud is not fenced in, but is surrounded by mostly water, except for the front part where cars park.

When I take my dogs there I leash until a little ways in and let them roam or jump in the water.

Bull Creek was nice until they banned dogs due to all the poop.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:02 AM  
Destroyer of Worlds

Georgetown, Texas
The thing I hate most about dog parks is all the dam people everywhere! i-35 and "west" riverside is nice
Old 12-28-2010, 08:11 PM  

Austin, Texas
Red Bud and Town lake are my top picks for actual dog parks, except for all the runners at town lake they are both good spots. My personal favorite thing to do is to take them down to the green belt. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be off leash but everyone does it and the dogs love it there.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:11 PM  

Austin, Texas
red bud

i would agree with most people. i like red bud isle because it is somewhat secluded and pretty safe for most dogs. they can play in the water and enjoy sniffing out places. it's quite nice.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!