Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2011, 12:14 PM  

Drunk driving on a horse and donkey?

Hi to my eastern neighbors. The local press is having a field day with these two amigos who were riding their donkey and horse while intoxicated. What is your take on this?

Old 01-14-2011, 09:00 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Don't drink and be on a horse.

Also don't ride a horse in town, it sets our reputation back farther than it already is.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:22 AM  

round rock, tx
yikes - fox news had the report on there
and showed the guy in the back of the
cop car when he was arrested, and his
eyes were rolled up in his head.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:18 PM  

Austin, Texas
I think there needs to be a line between a DWI and just being reckless. Like the guys that get DWIs on their bicycle... Isn't he riding a bike because he DOESN'T want to drive drunk? I can understand slapping that guy with a hefty fine, but a DWI? Really?
Old 01-14-2011, 05:24 PM  

The story I read was that they tried unsuccessfully to charge them with DUI, and settled to charge them for public intoxication. Here in California, we do have laws prohibiting a drunk from riding a bicycle, but the charge is substantially less than vehicular DUI.

Those guys were so blotto, they could have caused damage to any passing motorist, the animals and even themselves.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:15 PM  

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
The story I read was that they tried unsuccessfully to charge them with DUI, and settled to charge them for public intoxication. Here in California, we do have laws prohibiting a drunk from riding a bicycle, but the charge is substantially less than vehicular DUI.

Those guys were so blotto, they could have caused damage to any passing motorist, the animals and even themselves.

Sorry, just trying to lighten it up...

I agree that he should have gotten a hefty fine, but at least he didnt get behind the wheel of a big truck (which he probably owns, it is Texas)
Old 01-16-2011, 08:10 AM  
Ozark Hillbilly

Missouri
I was at a bar soon after I moved here to Missouri and some guy rode his mule into the bar and up to the bartender. The bartender put a bottle of beer in front of the mule, who proceeded to pick it up with his mouth and drink it! Now that was a sight!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:34 PM  

Austin, Texas
Where in MO?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:09 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropLockandDropkick View Post
I think there needs to be a line between a DWI and just being reckless. Like the guys that get DWIs on their bicycle... Isn't he riding a bike because he DOESN'T want to drive drunk? I can understand slapping that guy with a hefty fine, but a DWI? Really?
Isn't that just a Public Intoxication charge?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:16 PM  

In most cities, unless the violator is a habitual offender, a public intoxication is basically a 6-8 hour detention, where you can sober up with no charges when you get out. Riding a bicycle while under the influence is a misdemeanor, with up to 30 days in jail and a $1000 fine with it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!