Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin

Reply
Old 08-31-2010, 12:55 PM  
Member
 
PropLockandDropkick's Avatar

Austin, Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 37 | Kudos: +11
Favorite local flavor

Pretty typical question for these forums... whats your favorite local spot?

Im a huge fan of Kerbey Lane and Magnolia Cafe.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:47 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropLockandDropkick View Post
Pretty typical question for these forums... whats your favorite local spot?

Im a huge fan of Kerbey Lane and Magnolia Cafe.
I like Magnolia, not the lane though, I expressed that on another thread.

Chopsticks on Airport. T&S on Lamar.

I love the Pho at Chopsticks. They add ginger to the broth, it's amazing.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:49 PM  
Member
 
PropLockandDropkick's Avatar

Austin, Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 37 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I like Magnolia, not the lane though, I expressed that on another thread.

Chopsticks on Airport. T&S on Lamar.

I love the Pho at Chopsticks. They add ginger to the broth, it's amazing.
Ill have to try Chopsticks... what is T&S?


Oh yeah, I personally love Juan in a Million for breakfast.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:56 AM  
Senior Member
 
Funetical's Avatar

Austin
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 345 | Kudos: +20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropLockandDropkick View Post
Ill have to try Chopsticks... what is T&S?


Oh yeah, I personally love Juan in a Million for breakfast.
He's talking about T&S Seafood of Lamar, right before the huge oriental market.

I know them cause they don't close till 2.

It's by far one of the best Chinese food places that our fair city has ever seen.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:29 AM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
He's talking about T&S Seafood of Lamar, right before the huge oriental market.

I know them cause they don't close till 2.

It's by far one of the best Chinese food places that our fair city has ever seen.
That is correct. Their Dim Sum is incredible, but it's Sundays only so you have to get in early.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:04 AM  
Senior Member
 
vindicated's Avatar

Riverside, CA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 317 | Kudos: +30
Images: 1
Blah blah blah
__________________
Why am I still not happy with my signature line, or my place of residence?

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:00 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
Blah blah blah
Care to explain?
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:14 PM  
Member
 
PropLockandDropkick's Avatar

Austin, Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 37 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Care to explain?
Hes just being a punk... hahahaa.

Ill have to try both of those oriental places you mentioned. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:27 PM  
Senior Member
 
vindicated's Avatar

Riverside, CA
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 317 | Kudos: +30
Images: 1
I'm just jealous because Austin is a nice place and a friend of mine whom I have a lot in common with lives there. I would like to be able to hang out and golf and drink New Castles with him.
__________________
Why am I still not happy with my signature line, or my place of residence?

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:55 AM  
Member

Austin, Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 33 | Kudos: +10
Jason's deli is okay, and more kid friendly than a lot of places. Once you have kids, the responsible thing to do is gauge wether or not it is kid friendly for you and for those around you.

When it's just me and the wife, we try different places, but almost always end up at Chuy's.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.