Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2010, 10:44 AM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Kerby is great. Love the Greek Chicken.

Tres Amigos, Little Deli and First Wok are pretty good.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:48 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Kerby is great. Love the Greek Chicken.

Tres Amigos, Little Deli and First Wok are pretty good.

I agree with you, on most everything, but Kerby Lane is terrible. Next time I'm forced to go there I'll try their Greek Chicken and see how it goes, but if you're wrong you are never going to hear the end of it.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:31 PM  

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I agree with you, on most everything, but Kerby Lane is terrible. Next time I'm forced to go there I'll try their Greek Chicken and see how it goes, but if you're wrong you are never going to hear the end of it.
How can you not like Kerbey Lane? Let me back up, I like Kerbey Lanes breakfast. From their sausage to their eggs... and lets not forget the BEST pancakes, ever!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:07 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
I think their Greek Chicken is seasonal as with their menu in general.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:37 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropLockandDropkick View Post
How can you not like Kerbey Lane? Let me back up, I like Kerbey Lanes breakfast. From their sausage to their eggs... and lets not forget the BEST pancakes, ever!
I tried them. I never understood great pancakes. It seems as long as you don't burn them, you do a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I think their Greek Chicken is seasonal as with their menu in general.
Well I'll wait till it's season. I like the idea of Kerby just the execution seems to not be very good.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 PM  

Austin, Tx
+1 on Chuy's, although, they are in other cities/states too. Cant go wrong with some spicy ranch and the Elvis Presley though

Also try Guerros on Congress, Rudy's Barbeque and their burger spinoff called Mighty Fine are fantastic as well.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:35 PM  

Austin, Texas
If you are looking for breakfast... the Omlettry at 4811 Burnet. OMG! Their gingerbread pancakes and spinach omelets are to die for!
Old 10-20-2010, 01:16 PM  

Friendswood, Texas
Austin Java on Barton Springs for breakfast and Zacs Pints and Plates for dinner. Also love Matts El Rancho. Try the "Z" Mexican Martinis.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:22 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa in Texas View Post
If you are looking for breakfast... the Omlettry at 4811 Burnet. OMG! Their gingerbread pancakes and spinach omelets are to die for!
I've passed it a million times but never stopped in. I guess next time I'm in town I'll stop. DO you know there times? I thought they closed early.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:19 PM  

Austin, Texas
For a good fast burger go to Sandy's. For a good slow burger go to Hut's. If you're not in Central Austin go to Dan's... or Fran's. Anyone else got some suggestions for me? I'm just going from what I know but I like trying new things. Does anyone have an opinion on Burger Tex? I always get distracted by other tasty things in the vicinity. Namely Fricano's. I hesitate to comment about Mexican food lest I step on toes because of style, but Polvo's on S. 1st makes really good food.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!