Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2010, 05:40 AM  

Friendswood, Texas
I always see people lined up at P Terrys Burger Stand, a walk-up and drive thru burger place, (no inside seating) but have never been there. There are several locations although I am talking about the one at Barton Springs and S Lamar.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:09 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tywing View Post
For a good fast burger go to Sandy's. For a good slow burger go to Hut's. If you're not in Central Austin go to Dan's... or Fran's. Anyone else got some suggestions for me? I'm just going from what I know but I like trying new things. Does anyone have an opinion on Burger Tex? I always get distracted by other tasty things in the vicinity. Namely Fricano's. I hesitate to comment about Mexican food lest I step on toes because of style, but Polvo's on S. 1st makes really good food.

Burger Tex is good, the bulkogi is different. I used to get their fired mushrooms, but they started tasting like their freezer, so I quit.

Hill Top on Lamar is good, but you have it nailed with the Dan's. Go to Dan's.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:08 AM  

Austin, Texas
The best time to be coerced into going to Kerbey: Post E-bus trip from Stubb's after getting pulverized to some good music.

Probably the only time I'd recommend going unless you're like walking distance.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:31 PM  

Austin, Texas
My wife works right by Kerby Lane and I have met her there for lunch. I had a mediocre sandwich and the service was super slow. She seems to like it though as well as everyone else in her office.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:10 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
^ yup. Like I've said, I don't care for the place.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:11 PM  

Austin, Texas
Some places that have been mentioned.....

Breakfast: The Omlettery. Just awesome. REally good food at a really good price. CASH ONLY. Don't bring the plastic. They aint taking it.

Lunch: Little Deli. The pizza is amazing. I get two slices and leave with an endorphin rush. Cheese and Cheese n Pepperoni is standard... but they always have a slice of the day too. Sandwiches are really good... Though I think the bread could be better. Meats n cheeses make up for it.

Anytime: El Rico. Half a flamed chicken, rice, beans and totillas for 8 bucks. And it's darn tasty.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 PM  

Austin, Tx
Just for food? A good dinner spot, albeit a little pricey is Fabi and Rosi. But for a beer, either the Gingerman or the Drafthouse are both awesome.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:27 AM  

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswilkes33 View Post
Just for food? A good dinner spot, albeit a little pricey is Fabi and Rosi. But for a beer, either the Gingerman or the Drafthouse are both awesome.
Have you been to the Flying Saucer ?? Awesome
Old 11-18-2010, 02:17 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFuddyduddy View Post
Some places that have been mentioned.....

Breakfast: The Omlettery. Just awesome. REally good food at a really good price. CASH ONLY. Don't bring the plastic. They aint taking it.

Lunch: Little Deli. The pizza is amazing. I get two slices and leave with an endorphin rush. Cheese and Cheese n Pepperoni is standard... but they always have a slice of the day too. Sandwiches are really good... Though I think the bread could be better. Meats n cheeses make up for it.

Anytime: El Rico. Half a flamed chicken, rice, beans and totillas for 8 bucks. And it's darn tasty.

The Little Deli has pizza now? I stopped going about the time Lucretia sold the place ( I moved). My Aunt did their ad work when they were first getting off the ground. By far one of my favorite places. Potato salad was always amazing, and I like liverwurst, so more power to places that carry it.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:31 PM  

Austin, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfan13 View Post
Have you been to the Flying Saucer ?? Awesome
I have indeed. I have a plate in there, my wife has 3, but she is a drunk We are there once or twice a week.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.