Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-13-2011, 06:04 PM  

Stephenville, Texas
Austin is a strange place for sure , plenty of fine folks there also but some who need to be on 6th st. I live west of Ft. Worth so I have a saying I go to FW it's like being in the country and OR TEXAS but if you cross over and go to Dallas then you might have well just gone to New York.or CHICAGO Where did those folks come from.
... I guess what I hate worse is they bring their liberal ideal and try to impose them on us.
.....Take I 35 north or 40 west to the left coast.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:10 AM  

San Antonio, Texas
Austin is our capital and adds much historical significance to Texas, but is definitely deserves the title of San Francisco South. Seems as though the treehuggers and hippies from the 60's got lost on their journey to CA and decided to stay in Austin.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:04 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbtexan View Post
Austin is our capital and adds much historical significance to Texas, but is definitely deserves the title of San Francisco South. Seems as though the treehuggers and hippies from the 60's got lost on their journey to CA and decided to stay in Austin.
Actually, that's about right.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:09 PM  

New Braunfels, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyamp View Post
Only "good folks" will turn in their guns, the criminals will keep theirs.
Every citizen should take a weapons training class and learn how to fire handguns for protection. Be safe AND own personal handgun.
tanya
Really? I wouldn't think that 'good folks'; who bought their own guns cause they wanted them would show up and hand them over for far less than they purchased them for. Cause as a 'good folk' I know the old saying as stated previously...When guns are outlawed only the outlaws will have guns.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:25 AM  

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbtexan View Post
What a waste of government resources and taxpayers money. Pretty sure a gun sold on the black market will bring more than what's being offered. Then again, will guns become a thief's meal ticket, targeting guns just to get food? Way to go Austin, way to go... Take your bright ideas and get out of Texas.
There was no taxpayer money involved. Other than a police presence, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesN
Originally Posted by tanyamp
Only "good folks" will turn in their guns, the criminals will keep theirs.
Every citizen should take a weapons training class and learn how to fire handguns for protection. Be safe AND own personal handgun.
tanya

Really? I wouldn't think that 'good folks'; who bought their own guns cause they wanted them would show up and hand them over for far less than they purchased them for. Cause as a 'good folk' I know the old saying as stated previously...When guns are outlawed only the outlaws will have guns.
The only people that turned in their guns were people who didn't want them and probably got them from someone else, like a deceased husband or handed down from grandpa.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:15 AM  
Jeeping Austin Weird.

Buda., Texas
I'll be keeping my guns thank you.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:51 AM  

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
I'll be keeping my guns thank you.
Fortunately, that is still a choice.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:29 AM  
Jeeping Austin Weird.

Buda., Texas
true, and ill fight for it to stay that way.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:15 AM  

Texas
This program, while not something I agree with, didn't cost the Tax payers money. The program was funded from a grant. The idea for this comes from commefornia. And no, I don't think it works
Old 02-21-2011, 06:06 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastxbbqman View Post
One of the stupidest things I ever heard of. There is no way to take away criminals guns.
This is it, plain and simple.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads