Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2011, 08:36 PM  

Canyon Lake, TX
Tell your best Live Music Spot stories!!!

Austin claims to be the Live Music Capitol of the World...what are YOUR favorite spots to catch a live show in Austin and why? What tall tales do you have about local spots?

I proposed to my wife on the dance floor of the Broken Spoke...got down on one knee and asked her to be my best friend forever in front of God and everyone!!!

What's your best story?

Old 02-28-2011, 02:07 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
My inlaws spent a lot of time at the Broken Spoke when my wife was growing up. I've always liked Emos, but unfortunately, I have no good concert stories.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:03 PM  
Jeeping Austin Weird.

Buda., Texas
more of a funny story but remember that ACL went it rained and everyone played in the "mud" oh yeah that was mosty sewage water and stuff. city of austin uses it to water and fertilize most of the parks.

but between ACL, SXSW, and Austin Reggie Fest there are just to many stories and met to many people.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:25 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I remember seeing that and thinking "I bet it don't smell like mud.". That was kind of gross.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:53 PM  

No real good stories, but I'm a metal head and many great bands come through emo's.

When I'm out and downtown casually, my wife and I love to go to Cedar Street on 4th street. Great music and very fun. Lot's of cover bands and all around fun music.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!