Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Australia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-11-2010, 01:56 AM  

Gympie, Queensland
Gympie, in the State of Queensland

Named after the native Gimpi-Gimpi (Aboriginal) a tree with stinging leaves which grows in the region, we are located in the midst of some of the best natural attractions in South East Queensland. A great small and personal community only 2 hrs by hwy or rail from the capital city Brisbane. Located only 40 min from tourisim centres such as Noosa, Rainbow Beach and Fraser Island and 1 hr from the beautiful beaches of the Sunshine Coast and Whalewatch Central, Hervey Bay. Come and check us out, our Gold Mining history is on display at the museum and the Mary Valley Historic Railway steam train The Mary Valley Rattler runs Sat, Sun and Wed.

Check us out Gympie Cooloola Tourism | Tin Can Bay, Rainbow Beach, Mary Valley, Kilkivan, Goomeri, Gympie

Cheers

Screwy

Old 12-11-2010, 08:38 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I've always wanted to visit Australia. Cooloola's Great Sandy National Park looks nice.
You should post up some pictures.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:51 AM  

Gympie, Queensland
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I've always wanted to visit Australia. Cooloola's Great Sandy National Park looks nice.
You should post up some pictures.

Heaps here in the tourism link: Noosa National Parks and Gardens - See Noosa National Parks and Gardens During Your Noosa Holidays

Cheers,

Screwy
Old 12-12-2010, 03:01 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
things to do 'off the map'

say i wanted to come to Australia and see things that the normal tourist crowd misses out on. what would that be?
Old 12-13-2010, 03:11 AM  

Gympie, Queensland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
say i wanted to come to Australia and see things that the normal tourist crowd misses out on. what would that be?

Wow what a question, think my reply will pretty much be similar to one you would give faced with a similar question.

Come on over, we're a friendly safe country, where you can read the roadsigns and driving sitting on the other side of the car doesn't take that much getting used to.

Before coming do some research and decide on your must see items. Ignore a lot of the tourism blurb, we have so much natural beauty, depends a lot on what you like to do and see. I have met tourists in some out of the way places who have just loved the isolation and others who were totally in love with some of the more commercial tourist traps. We were staying on Seaforth beach in 2006, no powered sites the cost then was $80 per week, 20c for a hot shower, a most beautiful place. Lots of tourists in rental motorhomes with onboard solar power were soaking up the quiet beauty, around 3pm everyone met for afternoon tea in the picnic shelter, great way for locals and tourists to mingle and share travel tales. Our caravan site was 20m from the Coconut treed beach with some of the best fishing and crabbing one could imagine. Local bowls club and country club were friendly and served good country style meals, a great place to meet locals too.

Remember this is a huge country, while some states have tropical climates such as my state of Queensland others are temperate and can be quite cool in comparison.

My recommendation, come to Queensland, fly into Brisbane and hire a car or motorhome and head North on the Bruce Hwy, stop off at the small out of the way places and get to meet some locals, you will soon find where to find the best in the way of natural and man made attractions. We love to show off our country and meet new folk, if you like a bit of fun and have a sense of humor you will fit right in.

Things to see on your way: Fraser Island largest sand island in the world, lots of natural offerings and wildlife, local dingo's should not be approached or fed. Hervey bay, whalewatching in season, humpback whales can be seen broaching and playing around Sep - Oct.

Islands such as the Whitsundays and The Great Barrier Reef at every opportunity along one thousand kilometers of the QLD coast. Visit Airlie Beach and take a trip to the reef and Islands. City of Townsville and Magnetic Island followed by Cairns and the beautiful Daintree Rainforest, while here check out the Barrier Reef snorkling trips and don't forget to take a tour of some of the rivers where large salt water crockodiles can be seen.

Most of all, get into the pubs and places frequented by locals for the best holiday. Experience the county and our people for a real Aussie Experience.

Screwy
Old 12-28-2010, 04:23 PM  

Hey Screwy, I love Fraser island and the whitsundays.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:00 AM  

Gympie, Queensland
Beautiful areas hando, in the middle of the wet here atm, been raining pretty much for 3 weeks, thats the cycle of life here :lol:

Screwy
Old 08-16-2011, 07:56 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
So is the internet still down down under?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Australia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads