Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2011, 12:31 PM  

4X4 folks, help me choose bumpers

Hi there 4X4 folks. I could use your help. I have a newly acquired 05 Rubicon (pic attached). I want to do some four wheeling at some point, but for right now she is a Mall Rated daily driver. I would like to update my bumpers, to give her a more aggressive look, and to also be functional for trail riding in the future. As you can see in the photo, there are no fog lights, but I am planning on buying the KC 55 watt fogs. I want D links on at least the front, and possibly the rear. I know that the TJs supposedly need to have the back bumper mounting bracket beefed up with an aftermarket brace, so I'll do that. I need a hitch point as well. Not for a trailer, but for a bike rack. May have to carry up to 4 mountain bikes, but normally just 1 or 2. I think I can get a Reese hitch installed from U-Haul for $100 or so. The problem there is that it will probably hang lower. At some point in the future, I may want to add a winch, but that will be much later, rather than sooner. I have a set of Body Armor rock rails that should be going on this week some time shown here;

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12053_402_07.htm

So, any suggestions? I should probably mention that I have about $1400 to play with right now. After posting this, I realized that this isn't really about the city as much as it is a grouop of us with a common interest. If this posting needs to be deleted, I understand. Just afraid that posting it in the normal Jeep forums, I will be totally overwhelmed with opinions.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:59 PM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
I like to build my own, its the only way I can get exactly what I want. Its also alot cheaper

Old 02-14-2011, 03:21 PM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

/End Thread.

And you're welcome!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:03 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumblewood View Post
I like to build my own, its the only way I can get exactly what I want. Its also alot cheaper
Yeah, that's not really an option for me.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:05 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post

/End Thread.

And you're welcome!
Thank you. That is nice. Is that an ARB? Or am I getting the company name wrong?
Old 02-14-2011, 06:18 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Just take the stupid milk jugs off of the existing bumpers you have and go from there. That's the first thing you should do, and it won't cost you a thing.
Save the 1400.00 bucks till you've driven your Jeep a lot in different conditions.
That will help focus you mind on what you really need.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:16 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Thank you. That is nice. Is that an ARB? Or am I getting the company name wrong?

Yes it's an ARB. ARB 4x4 Accessories
Old 02-15-2011, 01:33 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post
Yes it's an ARB. ARB 4x4 Accessories
I really do like that ARB, but I would probably go with the Quadratec special version. It's about $300 cheaper and only seems to be missing the side loops and the integrated turn signals.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:09 PM  

Burlington, Vermont
Poison Spyder front stinger bumper $368.00

Jeep Wrangler TJ LJ Front Bumper | TJ LJ Front Stinger | Poison Spyder Customs

You may also want to consider that if you mount a winch, it may drop the front end a little bit. Then you also may want to install 1" spacers onto the front coils to account it.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:56 AM  
Zombies eat brains

Hinesville/ Fort Stewart, Georgia
i say go custom...

Chris is a personal friend of mine, and makes some super high quality products that will sure make you happy. they are rugged, and proven off road on boulders and trails alike!

looks like he doesnt currently make one for your jeep, BUT he will do custom orders. check him out (he does sell currie bumpers for yours though)

HeftyFabWorks - Custom bumpers, rock sliders and more for your truck or vehicle

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!