Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2012, 07:50 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Anyone into R/C cars ?

Just wondering if anyone on here is into the R/C cars, trucks or planes ?

I got an Axial Wraith, and its pretty fun, just as fun as the full size rigs and lots cheaper lol

Old 11-25-2012, 09:36 PM  

Greenville, SC
Growing up I did a little rc flying... My dad was real big into it and competed a lot. I have an old monster beetle up in the attic... Don't fool with the stuff anymore though. Might be fun if I had the time!

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
I had one as a kid, let me tell you, what they made now, is nothing like what I remember lol.
I got this wraith for Christmas last year, and its a blast, a pretty good rock crawler, with true 4wheel drive, Ive recently looked at r/c forums, and some of these guys are REALLY into these, lol they are really scale vehicles, to include working winches, hi-lifts, beer coolers, fire ext, anything that you take or put on or in a real 4x4 is made in a scale version lol
Heres a quick pic
Old 11-26-2012, 10:52 AM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Used to be into RC gas planes back in the early 1970's as a teen. Now have one of those Blade 120 SR electric helicopters I try to fly from time to time.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:20 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
We have a hobby shop close by that is very into RC. Some of the stuff they have on display blows me away. If only I had the time or the money.....
Old 11-26-2012, 01:49 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Ive often thought about getting into RC, but as stated before - time (and namely $$$) are my biggest deterrents. But damn if it isnt fun to whiz around the neighborhood or off the inlaws pier with an RC mobile!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
VaporLung,
its a blast, check ebay and craigslist, Im sure you could find some good deals, even moreso getting closer to the holidays
Old 11-26-2012, 06:39 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
heres a quick video of us testing out a friends R/C winch lol
http://youtu.be/9B8-sSZZO0E
Old 11-27-2012, 05:40 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
I had a Traxxas EMaxx at one time.

I put extended swingarms on it. Bigger tires, bigger motors, bigger servos, 3 different bodies, aluminum skid plates, aluminum wheels, I put new gears for more top end. Had Aluminum bumpers and all that.

Then I realized that OMG I have kids now and I can't be dropping Thousands of $$$ on some toy car. Then my Toy that I had $1500+ into got sold for $750...

I do have a slow stick plane in my closet waiting for me to get the electronics or sell it. The first $30 + shipping can have the plane. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHCJ2&P=ML
Old 11-27-2012, 06:08 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
I had a Traxxas EMaxx at one time.

I put extended swingarms on it. Bigger tires, bigger motors, bigger servos, 3 different bodies, aluminum skid plates, aluminum wheels, I put new gears for more top end. Had Aluminum bumpers and all that.

Then I realized that OMG I have kids now and I can't be dropping Thousands of $$$ on some toy car. Then my Toy that I had $1500+ into got sold for $750...

I do have a slow stick plane in my closet waiting for me to get the electronics or sell it. The first $30 + shipping can have the plane. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHCJ2&P=ML
Ha! That reminds me of my "Ugly Stik" I did most of my learning on! That thing was pretty rugged. Of course, mine was when you used rubber bands to hold the wing on... The one below is a newer one I think (netpic)...

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!