Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2012, 06:12 AM  

Greenville, SC
This is what my dad flew.... He did lots of aerobatics competitions...

But he had one of these guys in the cockpit!

HAHA!

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-27-2012, 10:59 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
This is what my dad flew.... He did lots of aerobatics competitions...

But he had one of these guys in the cockpit!

HAHA!
very nice,,, Ive seen a few videos of the plane and helis, looks like lots of fun, but I know my luck, Id crash it on the first flight lol

Old 11-27-2012, 11:05 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
very nice,,, Ive seen a few videos of the plane and helis, looks like lots of fun, but I know my luck, Id crash it on the first flight lol
I remember his last flight with that plane... He was doing a very low inverted fly by close to the runway (he had done many times) preparing to go into an inverted loop... The rudder made contact with the ground and that was it. That thing sat in his shop for years....

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-27-2012, 04:52 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
We have a guy around here who sometimes flies something that must have a 4 or 5 foot wing span at an old abandoned golf course up my street. It sounds like a wailing banshee and he's pretty adept at aerobatics, but I'd be scared of crashing into a tree while attempting an outside loop or tailslide.

We also have people that sail radio controlled sail boats in a sheltered bay on Lac St. Louis which seems a little boring, but I guess is okay if you're really into sailing.

I would like a radio controlled wife myself but the algorithms to make her work properly keep eluding me.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:27 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I would like a radio controlled wife myself but the algorithms to make her work properly keep eluding me.

that made me spit on my screen
Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Sorry about that.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
This looks like FUN.

How about a REAL RC Jet.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 AM  
Traveler

Guys me and a couple of mates fancy getting some for a laugh. Some jumps, friendly racing and general larking about.
Been looking at HPI Trophy Buggy. Any advice or suggestions?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:07 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexbait View Post
Guys me and a couple of mates fancy getting some for a laugh. Some jumps, friendly racing and general larking about.
Been looking at HPI Trophy Buggy. Any advice or suggestions?
Ironically peeps, my interest in RC cars has been piqued (again) and I ended up picking up a couple of (entry level) trucks to bash around with.

Now I plan to pick up another rig (not so different from what you mentioned AlexB)

The HPI Trophy looks to be a good vehicle as far as parts support goes and durability. Its a 1/8 scale so you know that its going to be much more durable than your run of the mill 1/10 scalers.

Are you planning to pick up a RTR (Ready to run) or a kit (where you add the electronics yourself)

Also, are you going nitro powered or electric?

*EDIT*
I just realized that you are from Pakistan there Alex... Not to discriminate, but in our experience that region is known for spammers.
Please prove me wrong...
Old 03-10-2013, 11:53 AM  

Kalispell, Montana
I have: 2 Traxxas Emaxx, 1 Traxxas Slash 2x4, 1 Traxxas Slash 4x4, 1 Traxxas Gravedigger, 1 Traxxas T-maxx, 1 Axial ax10, 1 Axial SC10, 1 Losi comp crawler, 1 custom built crawler, 2 OFNA Mutilators, 1 Losi Mini Crawler, 1 AquaCraft Supervee 27, 1 Prather Fun Cruiser, and I know I'm forgetting some other junk....impossible to keep track of it all.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!