Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-02-2011, 03:51 PM  
Poison Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
The BMW Z-4, the ultimate girl's car!
Meh, I've seen plenty of men driving them.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:30 PM  

Meh....
You can plaster hot fudge on vanilla ice cream and it's still vanilla ice cream.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:28 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
My Jetta may indeed be a chick car, but getting 50MPG sure helps me feel good about it. I guess I've never been one to worry about what others think about the car I drive. I'm too frugal to buy a car to make someone else happy.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:53 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I agree. Drive what makes you happy and bugger anyone who has a problem with it.

There's a big hairy beast of a man that live a few houses down from us and he loves his little Smart Car. He looks silly driving it, but he's got a really long commute and I don't think he really cares what anyone else thinks about his favorite car.

Even if he does look a little like a gorilla on a tricycle when he's booting up the street in it.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:10 PM  
Poison Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I agree. Drive what makes you happy and bugger anyone who has a problem with it.

There's a big hairy beast of a man that live a few houses down from us and he loves his little Smart Car. He looks silly driving it, but he's got a really long commute and I don't think he really cares what anyone else thinks about his favorite car.

Even if he does look a little like a gorilla on a tricycle when he's booting up the street in it.
picturing this in my head

Old 01-03-2011, 03:21 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
You get the picture
+1
Old 01-03-2011, 04:06 PM  
Poison Idea

I get it though, I'm 6'3" 300 pounds and I used to ride a Honda Ruckus and I looooooved that thing. Funny thing was, I used to get the biker wave from actual bikers and crotch rocket riders used to give me the ****tiest looks lol. Could have given a damn less what other people thought, it got insane gas mileage even with me on it and it looked cool as hell for a scooter.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:17 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
I prefered a Totegoat.

If you know what a Tote Goat I amazed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tote_Gote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:06 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
I prefered a Totegoat.

If you know what a Tote Goat I amazed.

Tote Gote - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My little honda elite scooter was fun. I still prefer the real deal to a scooter though.

The other nice thing about the ruckus is some of the parts can be used as mods for a crf50, and it is cheaper than buying it from another company.

Back to topic, yes, most of those are chick cars.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:36 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I disagree with the mini - have you ever driven one? Those little cars have some serious cajones! I use to valet cars a side job when I was stationed in California, and I used to love getting to park those things!

I'm sorry to say that I don't think the Liberty will ever lose its female vibe. You can lift it, put lightbars on it, make it into a monster-truck, and girls are still going to say "awww that's so cute! I want that Jeep!" when they walk on the lot.

However, I kind of agree with above - I moreso consider practicality before what other people think. I do draw the line somewhere, though - the Smart Car is definitely way across that line! But for example, we're probably going to buy a new Prius in 2012, so I can't talk too much...

I've got 2 kids - that's a good excuse, right?!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.