Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2011, 07:41 PM  

Suwanee, Ga
Dana 44 Best Locker Choice?

Got a Dana 44 with nothing special in the diff. About to install a locker of some sort, but need to know the best long term option for a locker. I do not want to lose any performance or hear any extra noise while driving. I've been told ARB air lockers, but any other opinions out there?
Dana 44 Best Locker Choice?-dana-44.jpg 

Old 02-19-2011, 06:03 AM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
Looks like that axle is going to take some serious abuse...

That i know of, there are air lockers, e-lockers (electric), detroit lockers (mechanical), lunchbox lockers (uses your carrier. just replaces the spiders and side gears), and the famous lincoln locker (weld the spiders and side gears together)

Pick your poison... I've never bought one, so i don't know which is best, where to get the best deal, etc...

Old 02-19-2011, 01:29 PM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
I have had good luck with Detroit's. There proven and just plain work good. There is some compromise on street performance. you may hear it trying to lock up when going slow. My Brother in-law uses an Eaton E-locker and has had nothing but good things to say.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:42 PM  

Suwanee, Ga
Eaton E?

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have norrowed it down to the ARB Air and the Eaton ELocker. Does the Eaton totally disengage when it is off?

That might be better than having to worry if your air system is working or if it just got ripped out by that last tree i climbed over. Has he ever had it ripped out or not work? Any additional noise or wind up? I would rather run an independant air system off the engine and not have to run a second little compressor for the locker.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:20 PM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
Yes, the Eaton totally disengages when not locked up. He did the install on it himself probably 7 years ago or so and has never had a problem.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads