Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2011, 02:31 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Pictures:)

jckid; Ma'am, between you and "mtngirl", I'll live in harmony lolol; with beautiful scenery while sitting in my easy chair

Pictures 'Ma'am, lots of your countryside pictures

"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 02-17-2011, 09:59 AM  

Shuswap, BC
I to love dualsport bikes, great fun for sure.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:57 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Simon and monica newbound - world record holders for bmw motorcycle travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
Teaberry Eagle - thanks for posting all of these links and information about Simon and Monika. I am so impressed and completely jealous of them. I want to do that!!! I have people coming to my house this weekend to ride if the weather cooperates ... after seeing this I'm going to be completely dissatisfied with all the beautiful rides I live in

Now I really want to quit work for a few months and ride the world.
I would never have known about them, but in Nov., 2003, while I was in route to W.Va. for Thanksgiving from Richmond, I came upon them on Afton Mountain (of course you know where I'm talking about) and clicked these photos. I thought there was something different about the cycles, the way they were loaded and the "stickers" on them, so I ran down the e-mail address and contacted them. I sent them copies of the photos to view, think they were in Oklahoma at the time, and received a response. I have then, been keeping up with their "exploits", since. You can see many great photos of their travels and videos. I was just honored to have seen them, since they have ridden around the "world" several times.

http://spiritsofadventure.com/indexone.htm

http://www.spiritsofadventure.com/Misc/main.htm

Photos by spiritsofadventure : on the map, in Google Earth (KML)
http://www.panoramio.com/user/4001238

Be sure to watch their video clips on this link....you'll see where they traveled......

http://spiritsofadventure.com/vidclip/vid_clips.htm
Dual Sport Motorcycles-bmw-world-tour-no%5B2%5D.-3-nov.-25-2003-.jpg 

Dual Sport Motorcycles-bmw-world-tour-no%5B1%5D.-5.-nov.-25-2003%3D.jpg 

Dual Sport Motorcycles-bmw-world-tour-no%5B25%5D.-1-nov.-25-2003.jpg 

Dual Sport Motorcycles-simon-monica-newbound-25.jpg 

Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
This summer I went on an adventure out west and my two favorite places were Moab, Utah and Breckenridge, Colorado. Earlier in the year I suffered a terrible back injury but when I was mobile again, the only thing I could do was ride so I did! Here are a few of my favorite pictures.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:07 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Here's a few Yamaha cycles........

http://www.moabpowersports.com/new_vehicle_list.asp?bogus=05088007X3K21K2008J9I06 I18JAMQ3633R0&Manufacturer=2&Category=1&CatDesc=Mo torcycles

http://www.moabpowersports.com/pre_owned_list.asp
Old 11-30-2011, 04:37 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Oh how I miss having a bike.

I started on a tote goat and a Suzuki FA 50 moped ( I rode that till the wheels fell off) I was riding one day at home (5 acres) and I came around the pond and hit a bump trying to jump it. Snap the axle broke. I jumped that thing every day till that day. We wreaked it so many times it was not funny.

Then I had a Purple Yahama 100 cc Enduro that the kick starter didn't work on. So I had to push start it all the time.

Then I got a Silver Yamaha 175cc enduro. That was a nice bike it ran really good for a long time.

Then we got a little red 125cc Suzuki that was so high geared it would hardly take off but it would run 75mph topped out. It was an OK bike for not having a head light, rear fender made out of a 5 gal bucket and 3# of jb weld on the gas tank. Then I got a Kawaski 440 ATV that some guy converted to be street legal in CA. The starter went out and he didn't have the money to replace it so he sold it. That was a beast and really hard to push start.

I am in love with the supermoto bikes right now and I want a Ducati Hypermotard 796. Ducati Hypermotard 796 - Ducati

I have a buddy that went and got a street bike. Then never rides it. Living south of DC and he commuted to DC 6 days a week he never rides it. I would settle for a Honda XR650L really.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:06 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Today I rode my bike to work so I could ride in the toy lift. Everyone with a motorcycle rode in and we all carried as many toys as we could on our bikes then a truck took the rest. Here were my happy passengers!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!