Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 09:38 AM  

Knoxville, Tennessee
El Camino anyone?

Anyone here have an El Camino? Any year. I will post a pic of mine. It is my present project.
El Camino anyone?-100_2015.jpg 

Old 10-14-2010, 12:16 PM  

Southern Arizona, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep55 View Post
Anyone here have an El Camino? Any year. I will post a pic of mine. It is my present project.
Very sharp El Camino, Jeep55.

"Present Project" . . . what do you have planned?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:02 AM  

Knoxville, Tennessee
I'm just going to bring it back to life. New paint is next. It looks good in pics, but has flaws, too many. I am also trying to get some more pep to the 305, about to install an edelbrock carb and possible intake. Already put in a new upgraded distributor. I am making it better a little bit at a time.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:51 PM  

Sammamish, WA
I sold mine a few years ago when gas got to $4. It got about 10-11. It was a '72 with cowl induction hood, 350 with Edelbrock intake and 4 barrel, oversize dual exhaust with flowmasters. Did a front disc conversion so I could stop it. Sure do miss the power, 330.
El Camino anyone?-72-ec-2-.jpg 

Old 10-19-2010, 10:48 AM  

Edmond, Oklahoma
There are only a few body style Elkys that I like... Of course the old Chevelle nosed ones are my favorite, the early to mid 80s Monte Carlo front ends are ok too. The mid 70s aren't so hot.

I like the Holden Ute as well.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:01 AM  

North Kingstown, RI
I have an '86

Elko which is slowly being fixed up. I currently have a full PST suspension kit, Edelbrock IAS Performer shocks, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Moog center link and a host of other goodies. Next up is a paint job as a previous got into an accident and the right door was never repaired/painted correctly and she's a rustin' (but just there - the rest of the car is solid). Have had over 1000 pounds in the bed with no sagging as I have an Airlift 1000 kit in the rear springs.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:27 AM  

Knoxville, Tennessee
It looks great. I like two tone. I had the bed rails but took them off to put on a tonneau cover. I like the cover alot. I have had mine only a short time and have been slowly working on it. First, reliability, then looks and performance. I try to do a little of all to keep me happy. I have been to a few shows around, mine does not compete, but I do get some looks.
Glenn
Old 11-03-2010, 11:09 AM  

North Kingstown, RI
Glenn - Yours looks great as well. I have the tonneau cover and it does fit with the bed rails. However, when I get it repainted, I'm having the rails removed and holes filled as they do no provide a secure mounting option. I also have the Rhino lining in the bed which protects it perfectly. It there were scratches/dents in the bed, no one notices now.

I've had mine for over four years as it was handed down to me from my Uncle when he passed away (him being a cardiac surgeon his other cars consisted of Mercedes and Jaguars of which, all went to his immediate siblings). I'm more for reliability now as well and am trying to convince myself to get the paint job. I will say, in the four years I have had the car, it has never let me down or failed to start (other than an old battery that went bad).

Here's a pic of the bad side which is limited to the door only.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:39 PM  

Denver, CO
Here's ours...'82 Conquista. For some reason, the PO pulled the V-8 and dropped in a Buick 231? Don't know why and the PO has passed away, so I'll probably never know.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:27 PM  

Edmond, Oklahoma
How about an El Camaro?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!