Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-01-2011, 09:37 PM  

Umm, I'm telling Steve McGarrett from the 5-0. We are good friends!

Old 02-01-2011, 10:06 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Hah, shhhhh....

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 02-02-2011, 01:56 AM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post

Didn't know "Texas" was so strict with their speed limit....:

TEXAS ZERO TOLERANCE SPEED CAMERA

http://www.texashumor.com/speedcontrol.html
Yep, here is the "welcome wagon"..
Old 02-02-2011, 06:19 AM  

Middleburg, Florida
Fastest my 89 Mustang GT has ran at Gainesville was a 13.1 but wasn't the best launch and only have 2.73 gears in the rear. Have done quite a bit to it since then.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:24 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenNTx View Post
Yep, here is the "welcome wagon"..
Did you check out the photo in the link?????????? And, read the joke....that's why I put it here for you..
Old 02-02-2011, 07:40 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Let me tell you of a real "truelife" episode with my daughter's driving (speeding)....At an intersection with the interstate, the roadway she was traveling on, that crossed over the interstate, made a slight curve to her left......when she came around it (found out in subseqent years she was traveling at 90 mph), she didn't straighten out to continue, ran off the road to her left, dropped down into the backside of the "superelevated" on ramp, went airborne, flew across the roadway of the on ramp, across the guardrail and pancaked into a small ravine just beyond......flattened four new tires, broke the car in half and came out of it with only a bruised knee...the tires made tracks on top of the guardrail....('70 Oldsmobile that I had just put into running shape for her to drive)(and, don't you think someone was looking out for her)(hope the rest of us are as watched over)...I know, I'm as guilty of trying out for fastest, etc.....when I was young, we had a hill that ran out of town, about a mile to the top, and we used to start at a prescribed spot at the bottom and see what speed we were traveling when we reached the top....didn't have to "drag" with anyone that way......
Old 02-02-2011, 12:40 PM  
treehugger dirt worshiper

San Rafael, California
My ZJ use to do 105mph when it was stock, now that its lifted and the spare is on top 65mph is good enough.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:04 PM  

I once had a Porsche 928 s4, and got challenged by some rice burner at the end of a freeway. At 162 MPH, I lost sight of him in my rear view mirror. That was enough for me. Sold her and now have jeeps....never worry about going too fast anymore!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:51 PM  
100% Gun Nut

Evansville, IN
Drag racing was fun way back when, but circle track is a lot more fun.
Unless your over 200mph in the 1/4mi, it doesn't equal 80mph, in a turn, sideways, on dirt, looking out your right window to see down the track!
It is so much fun the first season I couldn't quit smiling every time I got in the car.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:13 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I once had a Porsche 928 s4, and got challenged by some rice burner at the end of a freeway. At 162 MPH, I lost sight of him in my rear view mirror. That was enough for me. Sold her and now have jeeps....never worry about going too fast anymore!
I'm on the same page. I've had a few really fast cars over the years, but now I really like cruising scenic country roads topless, doorless and windowless at a sedate pace.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.