Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2010, 11:18 AM  

mulvane, kansas
Jeep speakers???

Hello,
I have a 1997 jeep grand cherokee zj laredo. I have all stock speakers in it now, but i need to replace them. Can i just buy any 6.5 inch speaker and it have the same connector plug? NEED TO KNOW ASAP!!!

Old 11-16-2010, 08:55 AM  

appleton, wi
no it wont have the same plug. all you got to do is cut off the factory plug and put female crimp connectors on and go from there. other wise go to jeepforum and ask there.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:23 AM  

mulvane, kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPJOOP93 View Post
no it wont have the same plug. all you got to do is cut off the factory plug and put female crimp connectors on and go from there. other wise go to jeepforum and ask there.
Thanks for the info! I changed them out saturday and it was easy, i thought i was gonna have to rewire the whole thing but nope.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:52 AM  
Gorgonzola stuffed olives

North CT / Denmark
The speakers in the front doors aren't standard size, they are close, but not standard. You'll have to get a little creative with mounting but it's not too bad. I replaced my fronts when I had my 1998.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:20 AM  

mulvane, kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutPete View Post
The speakers in the front doors aren't standard size, they are close, but not standard. You'll have to get a little creative with mounting but it's not too bad. I replaced my fronts when I had my 1998.

I'll keep that in mind...we had to get a little creative with the back ones too, cuz instead of buying the 6 3/4" i got 6.5" so we had to drill new mounting holes and stuff, but we made it work and they work great. hopefully the front will be the same lol

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads