Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2011, 02:48 PM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
You described a vehicle that doesn't exist. I have had a few Jeeps. The newer ones do ride nice and are quiet but theres not a lot of storage room in them. You can get accessories that help handle that situation. Or even a small trailer. Both of these are expensive but good off roaders. Which depends on what kind of off roading you wish to do.
What I'm refering to is a Dodge Power Wagon or a Ford Raptor. The PW is a ver ygood trail truck considering it's rather large size. Plus it can tow a lot. The Raptor is simular to a pre runner for desert racing. And it does that well. My son owns a Jeep Rubicon and he loves it.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:36 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboudreaux70 View Post
I am currently saving my pennies for a down PMT on a vehicle later this year.
My heart has always wanted a jeep, but I also love trucks. I am reviewing Jeep Wrangler Unlimited models and Ford F-150.

I welcome any advice from owners of either vehicles..

I live in Houston, that tends to flood, so I want something that I can drive through high water.

My other requirements/preferences are:

Good size cargo space for bicycle gear, and future appliance purchases (I despise paying for delivery)

Rugged interior (I don't want to worry about spills, dogs, dirt, or wet clothes ruining the interior)

Long lasting(i plan to keep it at least 10 yrs)

Powerful engine that can get me up a hill in Texas (and maybe a Colorado mountain when I travel)

Convertible

Relatively quiet ride (I have read the newer models of wrangler unlimited have become smoother and quieter)

Please help me make a more informed decision by giving me your advice, words of wisdom.
I've had both.

If you want something practical, get a pickup and spend the rest of your life drooling at Jeeps.

If you want something that's a lot of fun and you can deal with the little aggravations, the noise, and the rough ride get a Wrangler.

Oh yah, and down payments suck. Pay cash for something you can afford.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:20 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Why not kill TWO birds with ONE stone, save your money a little longer for THIS . . . . .

Sources Say: Jeep Pickup Truck Coming for 2012 - PickupTrucks.com News
That is quite a nice vehicle. The only thing wrong there is that Jeep has claimed at least twice in the past that they were going to start making them. And didn't make them either time.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:55 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamataco View Post
That is quite a nice vehicle. The only thing wrong there is that Jeep has claimed at least twice in the past that they were going to start making them. And didn't make them either time.
Yes, but we should know by September/October or so. It's not that far off. I have heard that Jeep will be coming out with a new vehicle based on a Fiat too that's economical and about the size of an old CJ 2a or there bouts. It's all speculation.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 AM  

Greenville, SC
I decided to have my Tacoma pickup and a Jeep..... I would be hard pressed to choose 1 to keep. Jeep is way more fun and the pickup is more practical.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:58 AM  

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I decided to have my Tacoma pickup and a Jeep..... I would be hard pressed to choose 1 to keep. Jeep is way more fun and the pickup is more practical.
I also have a Tacoma truck and Jeep Wrangler (2dr). I used to have an Unlimited Wrangler (4dr) and the Tacoma. The truck is obviously handy when I need to haul something, but the Jeep is my favorite vehicle. If you do go with a Jeep, you should consider the Unlimited (4dr). I removed the back seats from mine, so it had a ton of cargo room. Of course if you need the back seat, you may not be able to do that. But if you do need seating for four, definitely go with the Unlimited, because the 2dr Wrangler is hard to get into the back seat.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:17 AM  

Houston, TX
Wow....what great responses... Thank you all so very much. I truly enjoyed reading them all, and you all have helped me realized something:

I need to stop ignoring my heart murmur and go with the Jeep... in-particularly, the Unlimited 4Dr has been tugging quite rigorously at my heart strings.

A lot of people have told me in my lifetime, that I look like a Jeep girl. Well, at 40, I better get off the fence and make some action happen.

I will post a pic when I buy..it will be at the end of the year. I want to save a good chunk of $$, b/c I hate high car payments. My last car payment was 5 years ago, and it was $269.

hmmm...now if i get a jeep, then i need to get a dog to go with the jeep....i wonder what kind of dog....
Old 02-19-2011, 03:04 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboudreaux70 View Post
....A lot of people have told me in my lifetime, that I look like a Jeep girl....
You do!
Make it so.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:26 PM  

jeep

jeep is the only way to go in my opinion for fun and versatility. Have 4 dr jk rubicon and the space is still tight but the t-tops and soft top are nice. Use it for a lot of outdoor activities and very well pleased. The newer models have a real good ride with t/a tires and very quiet with hardtop. Towing limited however so suggest consider otherwise if towing anything bigger than kayak.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:54 AM  

Jeep for the win.. Bike racks arnt to expensive amd take out the backseat for cargo space

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads