Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2010, 04:43 PM  
Avast me hearties!

Spartanburg, SC
Mahindra Trucks Coming To The US

I got this email from a Mahindra rep today.It's looking good for us to get small diesel pick up.

Good Morning Mahindra Truck Fans,
Congratulations. You are part of over 30,000 signed up to be the first to experience the hardworking Mahindra trucks.

I know you are wondering when you will have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of one of these amazing, authentic, robust, fuel-efficient trucks at a Mahindra dealer near you. While I cannot give you a firm answer on timing, I can tell you in my estimation, trucks will arrive in the spring of 2011.

Mahindra has applied for and received their EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) certificate, which means the vehicles have passed emission requirements. They also filed with (NHTSA) National Highway Safety Administration, which handles US standards for safety.

With these hurdles completed, it would seem production is imminent, but other factors may hinder the US launch. India?s car sales are on a dramatic trajectory upward. The sales pace combined with an industry wide parts shortage is impacting home market sales, which will have an affect on the United States introduction.

In closing, I know each of you anxiously await the arrival of the Mahindra trucks, and I am confident that you will see a launch announcement in the next few months.

If you haven't seen the Specsheet on the trucks yet, please click on the link below to see it.

Click here to view Specsheet

Or copy and place the following into your browser:

http://mahindrana.com/pdf/specsheet.pdf
Regards,

John A. Perez
CEO
Global Vehicles USA, Inc.
1720 Windward Concourse
Suite 400
Alpharetta, GA 30005

(770) 753-4441 (Office)
(770) 753-4420 (Fax)

Mahindra Clean Diesel Pickup Trucks and SUVs

Old 11-05-2010, 04:59 PM  

Edmond, Oklahoma
You might want to read this..

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...IL07/310119933

Your email there makes it appear that everything is good to go, but with Mahindra dropping Global Vehicles and John Perez having multiple lawsuits against Mahindra I would be leery.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:42 AM  
Avast me hearties!

Spartanburg, SC
I was under the impression that this email was to let all know that everything is well.I am a little concerned,but what can you do.I been waiting on this truck since 08 when hints were dropped that Mahindra trucks was coming to the US.I know their tractors are pretty good.The trucks run a road version of the tractor engines,so the trucks should be fairly reliable.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:12 AM  

Wethersfield, CT
It seems like the Mahindra is really the only shot at getting a light-duty diesel here. The (Less) Big Three don't seem to be too interested.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:33 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Yay... More foreign cars to destroy the US auto market.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:10 PM  

Edmond, Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post
Yay... More foreign cars to destroy the US auto market.
Really? Cause last I checked the US auto makers do not have a vehicle to compete against the Mahindra trucks. Sounds like it is expanding the market to me. Maybe then the US auto makers will step up and build something to compete against it.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:02 PM  
Avast me hearties!

Spartanburg, SC
The only possible domestic competitor I can foresee is the Euro Ford Ranger.It's four door and has a diesel.I'm still confused as to why it is not here.I hear a bunch of BS about why it's not,but it's just that BS.

Ford Ranger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-08-2010, 06:01 PM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner1982 View Post
Really? Cause last I checked the US auto makers do not have a vehicle to compete against the Mahindra trucks. Sounds like it is expanding the market to me. Maybe then the US auto makers will step up and build something to compete against it.
Really? So that's your big idea to help bring back the U.S. Auto market?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:16 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post
Really? So that's your big idea to help bring back the U.S. Auto market?
Do you have a better idea? Frankly; I prefer to support the home team; but, as another poster stated, why won't the Detroit 3 (or is that Detroit 2 since Chrysler is partially owned by FIAT) step up? Especially in light of the Indians evidently being able to certify their stuff for US sale.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:43 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I agree. If it takes a foreign auto maker to come in here and introduce a small diesel to get the ball rolling with the American auto industry, so be it.

Normally I'm a die-hard American-made only buyer. But I'm starting to get frustrated seeing all these euro diesels.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads