Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2011, 09:27 PM  
fustrated genius

New Stereo for truck

I just ordered a new stereo for my truck today. JVC that I can plug my "classic" Ipod into. I got the strip down model so I could pay cash outright for it and the stock stereo was OK but there's only three stations here, classic rock, C & W, and espanol witch is all ok but it gets old. I like other genres besides those 3 over and over and over and over

Old 12-03-2011, 10:57 AM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Micro jack for I-Pod is the only way to go. No tapes or CD's to get 'effed up in vehicle.

Does the radio have the ability to add the sattilite radio feature? Many radio stations to listin to on sattilite and they stay tuned in coast to coast.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:58 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
Micro jack for I-Pod is the only way to go. No tapes or CD's to get 'effed up in vehicle.

Does the radio have the ability to add the sattilite radio feature? Many radio stations to listin to on sattilite and they stay tuned in coast to coast.
Yes, it is Sirius compatable. I used to subscribe to sirius when I drove 80+ miles one way to work but cancelled when I retired, for the very reason you mentioned above.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:35 PM  
fustrated genius

OK, I got this snazzy wammer dammer stereo all hooked up and I can't even set the stupid colors. DANG!! I am really not all that "tech" savy but this flashing different colors is driving me crazy, everytime it flashes the red, I instinctively STAND on the gas thinking the cops are behind me and my voice is horse from yelling, "you'll neva take me alive, coppah!" out the window.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:38 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
My antenna got disconnected and I haven't bothered to hook it back up.
I've got my iPod mounted on velcro right next to the aux jack to keep the cable short.
Perfect set up for me. Very low tech.
New Stereo for truck-img00130-20110724-1759.jpg 

New Stereo for truck-dusty-mess.jpg 

New Stereo for truck-calibrate-your-brain.jpg 

Old 12-13-2011, 08:22 AM  
fustrated genius

Mine has the USB port in the front & back too so I could tuck the Ipod away in the glovebox too. The Ipod is controlled by the stereo unit then. The lighting on the display is changable to match the color of the dashlights or 20 different colors, (if I knew how to do that,).
New Stereo for truck-stereo-003.jpg 

New Stereo for truck-stereo-005.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.