Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive

Old 01-10-2011, 12:14 PM  

Wethersfield, CT
I've never bought new. I'd rather let the first owner take the depreciation hit. I bought my TJ when it was 3 yo and my wife's Odyssey when it was 4. Actually, my plan is to sell my TJ next year and go older. I hope to never finance a vehicle again. I'd love to go pre-emissions, too. All about simplicity and lower property taxes. I'm sure I'll always have something late-model for my wife to haul the kids around in, but for myself I'd rather be bombing around in a nice old diesel Benz, CJ, Scout or 70's vintage pickup for my DD.

Although the right 12 valve Cummins may foil that plan of mine.

Proud Member of D.A.D.S., Charter Member of the CT D.A.D.S.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:04 AM  
Dimensional Flux

Groinsboro, Tarheel
NOT a promotion for this site. Just offering Information for People regarding USED CARS!!

Cheap Used Cars under $1,000, Sell your car for free

Company started by two guys (mid 20s) in San Diego, Cal., yet listings in every State.
Other vehicles as well.

>>My question however: WHY are People selling Vehicles so cheap??<<
WE have never bought a new vehicle and have been happy with our choices.
Our newest vehicle is a 2001 Saturn LS.
Our 2nd newest is a '93 Pontiac Sunbird LE.
Our 3rd newest is a '64 ChevEl Camino.

All Women are Ladies till They Prove otherwise!!
Old 01-16-2011, 09:14 PM  

salina, kansas
I buy used cars; I cannot afford new ones. Be careful of Carmax though; they are kind of a rip off. I brought my Audi A4 to them to possibly sale or trade in and they only offered $400 for it; and that was only if I left the Enkei rims on it which cost about that much.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:00 AM  

I always opt for used cars as I have travel business,will get fair deals.

used car
Old 01-26-2011, 11:13 PM  

Buckley, WA
I've only bought one new vehicle in my life and it was a piece of dog dirt. Every used vehicle I've owned has given me more that my moneys worth. Ya just have to know what your buyin'.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:00 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I agree. I think that your knowledge supersedes the choice between new and used. I just bought my first vehicle - a 2011 Ducati Monster 696. Next year we'll be buying our second new vehicle - we're probably going to go with a hybrid.

Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!