Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2011, 10:19 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
I am back and still don't have my truck but love all the pics you guys posted. I wonder if anyone has more?

Old 11-21-2011, 08:11 AM  

Duncan, Oklahoma, (formerly So, California)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner1982 View Post
onelow1ton.. nice square. I am a fan of the square bodies as well (82 C10 and 87 GMC R15).

To the original poster... here is my Dad's old 65 Chevy K10.. not "pretty" but he used it weekly to pull 2.5tons of water... still had to start off in 2nd gear. That thing could pull a house down.
Since I've moved to Oklahoma from So, California approx, 5 yr's ago, I've noticed that OK, is known for it;s Classic Car/Truck shows and it's never ending supply of
classic/vintage vehicles, whether refurbished, junked or not.

This one is approx, 60's 3-4 Chevrolet located up near Oklahoma City, Ok.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:36 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
We've got a lawn care company up here that uses vintage trucks. They must be doing well
Old 11-21-2011, 08:57 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Since I've moved to Oklahoma from So, California approx, 5 yr's ago, I've noticed that OK, is known for it;s Classic Car/Truck shows and it's never ending supply of
classic/vintage vehicles, whether refurbished, junked or not.

This one is approx, 60's 3-4 Chevrolet located up near Oklahoma City, Ok.
I feel like everything in this picture could tell a lot of interesting stories.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:46 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
I feel like everything in this picture could tell a lot of interesting stories.
mntgirl,
Oklahoma is a legend into it'self. Seriously, old things don't pass or go away. They just sit there waiting for admiration from the next generation.
I'm in a small town South of Lawton/Ft Sill, Ok. This town is "Ronny Howards" home town.(rumor has it that his mother had a Brothel about 3 blocks from my place) This town could have a book written about every corner block in it. Every square block has at least 1 church and every church from the 1900 is still standind
and most likely still being worshiped.

Anyway, outside of town are acres and acre of oil equipment trucks back from the 70-60's and before.
Haliburton has 3 Main Plants in this town alone. So when I find out where their boneyard is, I take some shots and post them
Old 11-22-2011, 08:02 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
Wow - this sounds like a place I need to add to my list to visit someday. Intriguing!

Quote:
mntgirl,
Oklahoma is a legend into it'self. Seriously, old things don't pass or go away. They just sit there waiting for admiration from the next generation.
I'm in a small town South of Lawton/Ft Sill, Ok. This town is "Ronny Howards" home town.(rumor has it that his mother had a Brothel about 3 blocks from my place) This town could have a book written about every corner block in it. Every square block has at least 1 church and every church from the 1900 is still standind
and most likely still being worshiped.

Anyway, outside of town are acres and acre of oil equipment trucks back from the 70-60's and before.
Haliburton has 3 Main Plants in this town alone. So when I find out where their boneyard is, I take some shots and post them
Old 11-23-2011, 02:00 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
Wow - this sounds like a place I need to add to my list to visit someday. Intriguing!
It is adventurous.
Someone just killed a 780 lb wild boar hog upstate and had to use a front loader to lift it. Wild boar hunting in Ok, is open season.

I've always thought Va, was a beautiful state.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:20 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
It is adventurous.
Someone just killed a 780 lb wild boar hog upstate and had to use a front loader to lift it. Wild boar hunting in Ok, is open season.

I've always thought Va, was a beautiful state.

Virginia is beautiful. I've lived all over the world and finally found a place that I think I'll stay for a while.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:03 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Here's a cool tanker truck I found on Craigslist tonight, not the kind I want but I like it

Old 11-30-2011, 10:18 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Try this one........photo taken 49/50's.......don't know what it is, but my Sis on left and GF on right........
Old Trucks-alice-rosea-lea%3D%3D.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!