Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2010, 08:23 AM  

Here is one I saw on a recent vacation in the backwoods of the Sierras. I have no idea what it is, but it was a classic.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:40 PM  

Valencia, California
I have a 1953 Ford F-100 that I have had since 1974. It was restored to show quality in the early eighties, but time had taken it's toll by the new century. After much deliberation, I decided it was time to "go radical" with it. I found another 53 for parts and have receintly disassembled both completely. The plan is to do extensive body work, I have started by cutting both cabs apart and plan to blend the two together creating a 10" to12" "stretched" cab. I am also redoing the front fenders to move the wheel openings forward about 6" such as was done on the Foos 56, as well as pancaking the hood. Of course, a custom frame will required. I am debating whether to do a top chop also....I think the stretch may negate the need to do that, but we'll see. The look I am going for is a longer, less front-heavy look with lower seating inside. At this point the cabs have been cut, but not blended back together. I will posts some progress shots soon.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:07 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Cool man, that's gotta be an awesome build thread!

But as the saying goes, pictures, or it didn't happen! Look forward to seeing them man!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-28-2010, 10:55 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Cool man, that's gotta be an awesome build thread!

But as the saying goes, pictures, or it didn't happen! Look forward to seeing them man!

Ha... Jake 7 stole the typing right off my keyboard.... PICTURES! We definitely want pictures of it all.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:55 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
[QUOTE=SwampYankee;30753]Any Cornbinder fans?

QUOTE]

I keep going back and looking at this one... so beautiful! I can't wait until I can get a truck like this. (sigh)
Old 10-29-2010, 05:56 AM  

Wethersfield, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
Any Cornbinder fans?

I keep going back and looking at this one... so beautiful! I can't wait until I can get a truck like this. (sigh)
Nor can I. I dig the 60's IH's. My father had a red '66 Travelall when I was a little kid (a couple vehicles before the Scout II). I remember watching the road go by through the floor and the light-headedness after longer road trips.

Someday I'm going to need a barn to keep everything I want to get in.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:47 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Nor can I. I dig the 60's IH's. My father had a red '66 Travelall when I was a little kid (a couple vehicles before the Scout II). I remember watching the road go by through the floor and the light-headedness after longer road trips.

Someday I'm going to need a barn to keep everything I want to get in.
I don't see too many of them except maybe at antique car/truck shows. I do love the old F100s, but I kinda like the idea of getting something a little more unique, not that an old F100 isn't since you don't see any old beautiful truck every day on the road, and I do want to be able to drive it if I have it.

That is funny... my boyfriend says the same thing... he tells me "when" he moves into my house we are going to build a barn for everything we both have and want (I have enough land so we might as well). I think he is right though. Between his motorcycles and mine, the truck that I WILL have, his current truck of course ... I think we'll have to.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:04 AM  

Wethersfield, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
That is funny... my boyfriend says the same thing... he tells me "when" he moves into my house we are going to build a barn for everything we both have and want (I have enough land so we might as well). I think he is right though. Between his motorcycles and mine, the truck that I WILL have, his current truck of course ... I think we'll have to.
When I buy my next house, the garage/barn facilities will be a driving factor. I settled on a comfy house, decent size lot and good schools but a one car garage. I won't make that mistake again!
Old 11-01-2010, 02:29 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
When I buy my next house, the garage/barn facilities will be a driving factor. I settled on a comfy house, decent size lot and good schools but a one car garage. I won't make that mistake again!
Me toooo... I do have a small double car garage, but my little Honda Fit barely fits on one side, then my bike on the other ... his jeep barely squeezes in if my bike is not in the garage ... so next time will be a proper size garage for sure.... especially to take care of the TRUCK when I get it
Old 11-01-2010, 05:33 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
Once I get some time and a little extra cash, this is what I would to do. You just gotta love the patina look.
Old Trucks-1939-international.jpg 

Old Trucks-1939-rat-rod-pickup.jpg 

Old Trucks-1950-studabaker.jpg 

Old Trucks-rat-rod-2.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads