Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2011, 07:13 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
RVs and Toy Haulers

I wasn't sure exactly which topic to put this under but I am looking for an RV. I would like to either find a decent small RV that can pull a small trailer for a couple motorcycles, or find a toy hauler. So far my favorite is the Fleetwood Scorpion - an off-road pop-up toy hauler.

My problem is budget and I want the best for $5K. I know. I know. I should probably just keep tenting it for a few more years until I can afford something more, but I would sure love to start the search now. If I need to keep adding pennies to the jar, I will, but in the meantime, any advice or experiences or leads ... all would be appreciated.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:23 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
If I was going to go that route I'd keep it simple.
RVs and Toy Haulers-mini_cooper_s_clubman_airstream_press_005-600x424.jpg 

RVs and Toy Haulers-airstream_bambi_422.jpg 

Old 02-19-2011, 09:28 PM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
Do you already have a truck? I like my Camper/trailer setup. its a bit more than 5K but if ya dont mind getting something older it could be done.

My setup

Old 02-19-2011, 09:39 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
If I was going to go that route I'd keep it simple.
I love the simplicity for sure. Now if I could get the motorcycles inside that trailer it would be perfect.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:57 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumblewood View Post
Do you already have a truck? I like my Camper/trailer setup. its a bit more than 5K but if ya dont mind getting something older it could be done.

My setup

Yes. Your setup looks great. My boyfriend has the truck so we're good there to either add the camper or pull something with the truck. We have a jeep too and I was hoping to find something the jeep could pull.

Here is what I'm looking at but they're all too expensive - the Fleetwood Evolution

Old 02-25-2011, 08:34 AM  

Kalispell, Montana
Our setup is
86 Chevy 1-ton crew cab, 454 bored .030, aluminum heads, 4speed, 6 inch lift, 37" tires.
Flatbed on it that hauls two kids ATV's on a rack over the cab, two adult ATV's and a dirt bike on the bed. Tows a 24 foot travel trailer with a 17' ski boat behind the travel trailer. Or any other combination of crap depending on the purpose/destination of our trip.

When we're all loaded/hooked up the assembly is about 65 feet long and the truck gets about 5 miles per gallon. LOL

Couldn't put it together for 5 grand...I have about that into my engine alone.

Sounds like for your purpose that pop up trailer you pictured would work pretty sweet.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:30 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post
Our setup is
86 Chevy 1-ton crew cab, 454 bored .030, aluminum heads, 4speed, 6 inch lift, 37" tires.
Flatbed on it that hauls two kids ATV's on a rack over the cab, two adult ATV's and a dirt bike on the bed. Tows a 24 foot travel trailer with a 17' ski boat behind the travel trailer. Or any other combination of crap depending on the purpose/destination of our trip.

When we're all loaded/hooked up the assembly is about 65 feet long and the truck gets about 5 miles per gallon. LOL

Couldn't put it together for 5 grand...I have about that into my engine alone.

Sounds like for your purpose that pop up trailer you pictured would work pretty sweet.
WOW ... sounds like you have a great setup for lots of toys all at once. I love it!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.