Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-11-2011, 10:26 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Tire wear issue

Hi, got a question regarding tire wear on my 2001 corolla, I went through one set of tires on the back that wore awful, heavy diagonal wear across the tire and cupped. I had not rotated these much so I just got two new tires for it, now after rotating them again so the two old tires on the front they are riding terrible, very loud grumbling like tire noise when braking at low speeds and the tires are cupping on the inside edge.

I had the car aligned a few months ago and there was only one adjustment they could even make on the back and said it was just barely out of factory spec.

I am also getting bottoming out whenever I have weight in the back although this has gone on for that last 70,000 miles, the tire wear issue seems fairly new. At first I thought it seems like a strut, but could it be the spring as well? how would I check to make sure I am only replacing what really needs it?

Thanks

Old 04-12-2011, 05:59 AM  

Sammamish, WA
It's hard to diagnose from a computer, without having the car to inspect, but there could be issues with springs, shocks, or bearings. If you had an alignment done, they should have been able to identify the problem and recommend repairs when they had it in the shop.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.