Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: Who Is The Better Car Designer
Chip Foose 2 33.33%
Boyd Coddington 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2011, 08:24 AM  

I've attended many car shows where famous celebrities add their car for a coveted trophy. It seems like a guaranteed trophy to those who place their Boyd designed cars, and those who did not have the Boyd touch always lose.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:48 AM  
fustrated genius

I guess I'm out there, I don't like either that much. They got some good ideas going on but nothing like Roy Fucia, Jr did to this '53 Cheby Hardtop. I like em squattin'. I used to own one of these and had her dippin to the floor like this one, mine was blue though. Too much hassle, either a car load of vatos or a car with a bubblegum machine spinning on top behind me every time I pulled out of the driveway.
Who Is The Better Designer?-0609_rodp_01_z-1953_chevy_belair-side_view.jpg 

Old 07-26-2011, 04:25 PM  

Nashville, TN
I watched both of their shows when they were on and really appreciated both of their designs and what they produced artistically. My vote went to Foose only because of his ability to play well with others. Each were/are gifted in their "niche" in the hobby. It always seemed like Foose demanded and got a lot out of people because they enjoyed working for someone who appreciated their efforts while Boyd got results through intimidation.

I use to watch American Chopper before it became a revolving Soap Opera, no one can have that much dis-functionality in one family, not even the Tuttle's. It had to be the shows writers...when you look at some of these shows, it's amazing they are in business, make a profit and keep employees. Real life surely cannot imitate art.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:49 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
American Choppers are building parts bikes.

If you look at all the different bike builders out there. OCC is just boring. There are guys out there doing so much more with bikes than occ can even think about.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!