Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2011, 02:38 PM  

Labtop broke

I have a fairly new Toshiba and it just stopped working this morning... I have a lot of files saved on the thing, it'd be nice if it would magically start working. I think something may have shorted, bc it turns on, but nothing pops up on the screen. Are there any good repair shops? I refuse to go to Best Buy, they screwed me over the last couple times I've gone there.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:52 PM  

Do yourself a favor and if you are computer savvy at all, remove the hard drive and buy either a SATA or ATA reader from Radio Shack... this will let you hook up your HD to another computer just like an external drive for you to pull your files off, etc.

That is unless your HD is completely shot.

I used to have a Toshiba, just perchance, have you tried pulling out the battery and letting it sit for a few seconds, then trying to power it on just off the power adapter alone?

Old 02-14-2011, 03:24 PM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Can you start it in Safe Mode?
Old 02-14-2011, 08:35 PM  

P.S. its laptop

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.