Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2010, 11:28 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Good restaurants in the BR

Let's get this started. Post up your favorite places, or just reviews on new places you visit.

Went to Tommy's Fishhouse on Old Perkins for the first time Friday night. I've eaten plenty take-out from there for lunch but I've never actually been to the place. They had a nice little buffet for $22. I probably ate that much in just the boiled shrimp and crabs, much less the fried seafood and gumbo. Everything was VERY good too, not your normal buffet that suffers on taste for quantity.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:21 PM  
Just passin through

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Sounds like a good place and I'll have to check it out soon. Of course, if you don't mind spending a bit of money on some excellent seafood, Louisiana Lagniappe really can't be beat.

For a normal night out, I really like the steaks and ribs from Texas Roadhouse.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:34 PM  

Baton Rouge, LA
Zeeland Street Market has the best plate lunches in town. pimanyoli's has some of the best bbq/soul style food you'll find around here. Personally for seafood I take the time to drive out to Livingston/Ascension border to Kevin's Cajun cafe.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:21 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryodom View Post
pimanyoli's has some of the best bbq/soul style food you'll find around here.
Is that the place near Airline & Barringer Foreman in the strip mall by the EBRSO sub-station?

Kevin's is definitely some real good food. Just hate that drive (and I live in Galvez off of Hwy 42) and there can sometimes be a horrible wait to get a table.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:19 PM  

Baton Rouge, LA
That's the one. Pimanyoli's is awesome. I'm suprised many don't know about it because they sell their tamales at LSU games.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:30 PM  

I'm not a local, but I lived in BR for about 3 months and loved eating at Chime's. Does this place get the approval of locals?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:05 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryodom View Post
That's the one. Pimanyoli's is awesome. I'm suprised many don't know about it because they sell their tamales at LSU games.
Check my avatar - I don't make it to many LSU games except for that one weekend in November every other year when the game is in Death Valley.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:07 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk View Post
I'm not a local, but I lived in BR for about 3 months and loved eating at Chime's. Does this place get the approval of locals?
Chimes is a BR institution. Spent mucho time at the original one right outside of LSU when I was in college. I go to the one on Coursey more now though just for the ease of getting there and home. I don't drink alcohol anymore, but their beer selection is IMPRESSIVE.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:41 AM  

Baton Rouge, LA
Mike Andersons is always a good place for Seafood, 7bars is right it's hard to beat the chimes. Also, Ninfas and Superior Grill have great margaritas.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:24 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROK View Post
Mike Andersons is always a good place for Seafood
My wife was the Banquet Coordinator for M.A./Holiday Inn in Gonzales up until last week. I'm not a big oyster guy but she loved their char-grilled oysters. I could eat just about anything else on their menu and not be disappointed. Gunna miss the perks of having someone on the "inside" over there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads