Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Birmingham
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2010, 07:40 PM  

Birmingham, Alabama
Birmingham Baseball Stadium

Stupid idea! Who wants to risk their life to go downtown when there is a perfect baseball stadium in Hoover? Not me!

Old 10-15-2010, 02:27 PM  

Birmingham, AL
A downtoen baseball stadium will never work. You're not allowed to carry a gun into a stadium and you can't walk around downtown without one!

Old 11-19-2010, 01:07 PM  

Birmingham, Alabama
My biggest issue with this is that one of our local breweries will be directly affected by this and I am worried that they might not survive a transplant if the stadium is built there. So much for trying to create business opportunities...
Old 11-29-2010, 01:16 AM  

Macon, Ga.
Baseball might be okay, as many of the games will be day games; and downtown is fine during the day. I am reminded of what has become of Legion Field and the area surrounding it, though... a disgrace what that area has turned into.

Of course, my girlfriend and I went down to City Stages every night last year, and we never saw or heard of any crime issues for the entire event; and we often had to walk quite far late at night to get back to our car. Shame that the event went belly up because, like almost every event or enterprise in Birmingham, it was mismanaged by frauds and crooks.

In any event, the point is, it was safe because there was always the largest police presence I've seen anywhere, for any kind of event. I suspect it would be the same for evenings when baseball games were scheduled.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:23 PM  

Birmingham, Alabama
Might not be all that bad to just have more day games @rickwood I can't remember the last classic I went to that wasn't packed. Reminds me of everyone ditching work for the bleachers at wrigley.

http://picasaweb.google.com/drpatrei...44869412259378
Old 12-03-2010, 10:17 PM  

Pinson, Alabama
I wouldn't worry so much about the crime rate as the cops will be surrounding the stadium like a bee hive to prove this point. But I agree whats wrong with the one we have. This being spend on a unneeded baseball field. could go towards, oh god I don't know, hows about education !

I think my grammar shows this to be relevant... lol
Old 12-16-2010, 03:05 PM  

Pelham, Alabama
I actually really like the idea of the stadium being downtown. They are not the "Hoover Barons", they are the "Birmingham Barons". There is so much history with that name!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:08 PM  

Pinson, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooN View Post
I actually really like the idea of the stadium being downtown. They are not the "Hoover Barons", they are the "Birmingham Barons". There is so much history with that name!!!
I agree with that
Old 12-21-2010, 11:02 AM  

AL
I'll be surprised if this goes through. They are already arguing about exact location. It seems that the property owners are in a bidding war to see who can stuff Bell's pockets the fullest!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:01 PM  

I enjoy the Hoover location because it is convenient and safe. However, I would definitely go downtown to watch the Barons.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Birmingham
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads