Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Birmingham
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2010, 09:36 AM  

Charlotte, NC
Making a Trip to Birmingham

Do you folks have any ideas of what I can plan a trip around in the area? We are having a family reunion and I am in charge of planning a days-worth of sight seeing and NEED HELP!

Locals, what are some good restaurants, attractions, museums, etc.?

Old 11-19-2010, 10:16 AM  

Kansas City, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance101 View Post
Do you folks have any ideas of what I can plan a trip around in the area? We are having a family reunion and I am in charge of planning a days-worth of sight seeing and NEED HELP!

Locals, what are some good restaurants, attractions, museums, etc.?
If you're looking for sightseeing, the Vulcan is a must. The Zoo and Botanical Gardens are pretty good. There is shopping at The Summit.

The Civil Rights Institute is really interesting, though somber.

The art museum has some pretty good stuff. Dale Chihuly among others.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:59 PM  

Birmingham, Alabama
Dreamland Bar-b-que if you like ribs and awesome BBQ sandwiches! I second seeing Vulcan, you can go up on the elevator and see out over the city, but I think it is $7 or so. The botanical gardens and the art museum are free (donations requested) and they are very nice for families and such.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:45 PM  

Bham, AL
Not sure when you're going, but you may want to hit up a Baron's game out at Regions Park. Very fan friendly
Old 12-16-2010, 02:55 PM  

Pelham, Alabama
Depending on when your trip is...The BBVA Compass Bowl game between Pitt and Kentucky is on Saturday January 8th, 2011. It kicks off at NOON. It will be held at the historic Legion Field. You should check it out if your in town.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:44 PM  

I was going to say Dreamland as well. It's one of my first stops every time I make my way to B'ham. Try to avoid 280 - traffic is a nightmare.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:15 PM  

Hoover, Alabama
If you're looking for food, there is a Milo's on every corner now in Bham, but can only be found in the Bham area.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:36 AM  

I know from taking trips that the Hoover area is a nice place to stay. Probably around most of the attractions mentioned here.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Birmingham
Bookmark this Page!