Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Birmingham
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2010, 10:13 PM  

Pinson, Alabama
Why is there Bp's still?

Since the oil spill and the plug up. There hasn't been much talk about the disaster. and it seems like everyone forgot they have ruined a gulf . Why are our southern people not doing a full boycott on this company !

Old 12-03-2010, 10:21 PM  

It's probably because BP is still paying their bills (somewhat).

Old 12-03-2010, 10:40 PM  

Pinson, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
It's probably because BP is still paying their bills (somewhat).
Yeah but I always see the tanks with people at them. We should not be doing this ! BP is bad mmmmkay
Old 12-04-2010, 09:55 AM  

Corvallis, Oregon
All said, BP did a pretty good job marketing their clean up effort. I was in Grayton Beach FL in July and they had about 100 people on the beach doing pretty much nothing. They maybe found 10 tar balls in the area. But everyday they had pictures of these people in green shirts on the beach in all the newspapers including USA Today. The other reason is that people don't like change. If you are used to going to get gas at a certain station, you just keep doing it without thinking about who you are supporting.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:25 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma46an2 View Post
Yeah but I always see the tanks with people at them. We should not be doing this ! BP is bad mmmmkay
As an outsider, I also had the same feeling as you. When I realized that BP was also one of the major employers in the area, and those who were financially affected still maintained their support for BP, I let it go.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:56 PM  

Pinson, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by staffordj View Post
All said, BP did a pretty good job marketing their clean up effort. I was in Grayton Beach FL in July and they had about 100 people on the beach doing pretty much nothing. They maybe found 10 tar balls in the area. But everyday they had pictures of these people in green shirts on the beach in all the newspapers including USA Today. The other reason is that people don't like change. If you are used to going to get gas at a certain station, you just keep doing it without thinking about who you are supporting.
Thats a cop out...... i have friends down in S bama with oil in their backyards
Old 12-04-2010, 03:17 PM  

Sammamish, WA
I have not seen a BP station around here in 2-3 years. They do also own the Arco (AM/PM) stations but people may not know that, plus the gas is really cheap compared to the name brands, especially now that we're up to $3.19/gallon at Chevron and Shell.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:13 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
chevron is always about 10c higher then everyone else...
Old 12-04-2010, 04:29 PM  

That drop of Techron in 10,000 gallons of gas is pretty pricy!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:18 PM  

Sammamish, WA
We use Safeway, Costco or Sam's Club when we can. According to my mechanic, you really only need the 'techron or equivalent" gas every 4th tank to keep the fuel system clean.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Birmingham
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads