Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Birmingham
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2010, 01:00 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I remember seeing this on the news... and the reason they used for not boycotting them was that all gas stations are privately owned, and that BP just supplies their gasoline. So the reason that a lot of people were not boycotting them is because they'd just be hurting local families in the process, and they didn't think that was worth it.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-06-2010, 12:33 PM  

Pinson, Alabama
Double edge sword nice

Old 12-06-2010, 02:13 PM  

Guelph, ON
I have looked into BP as a possible job oppourtunity and they have falsified blowout preventer test results. I have a problem with the fact that the people who complain about the spill don't consider the 11 workers who died in the fire. sure the gulf is a mess but it can be cleaned in time..Those lives however are gone for good.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:55 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak40kush View Post
I have looked into BP as a possible job oppourtunity and they have falsified blowout preventer test results.

Did they tell you this in the interview? Or is this a common-known fact?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-19-2010, 05:41 PM  
Mod Medic

Loxley, Alabama
I live on the Gulf Coast, and the way I look at is that it was an accident. People make mistakes everyday, then they pay the consequences. BP has done a fairly decent job of cleaning up the mess, and there is no point in punishing the employees of BP when it was just a few of them that caused this. As a matter of fact Ill actually drive past several other gas stations to get to a BP. Remember that when you boycott something, your gonna ultimatley punish people that dont deserve it.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:43 PM  

Birmingham, AL
I still buy gas from BP. The owners are local and I can't make sense of them suffering for action or inaction by the company who has almost no involvement in the local franchise.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:04 AM  

Birmingham, AL
Gas stations make very little on gasoline IIRC. They majority of income is from snacks, trinkets, etc. And they are locally owned.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:29 PM  

I still buy from bp if there closest to me it could have happened to any of the oil companies.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:11 PM  

New Merckle, Alabama
Every morning I would stop and buy my Mtn. Dew and paper from the same BP. The guy knows my name and always asked me how my kids are doing. I have not been in that store since May of last year. It is unfortunate that they hitched their wagon to the wrong horses, but when I pick up my two year old after he has been walking in the bay in Orange Beach and his feet have tar on them I don't feel much like supporting BP. If that gas station changes into another brand I would shop there again in a heartbeat.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 PM  

I have to respect your decision, since you lived it and obviously still living it!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Birmingham
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.