Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2010, 02:25 AM  

Guildford, England
Boston after Thanksgiving: what is there to see?

We'll be spending the last few days of November in Boston as my wife visits her mother who moved there more than six years ago and we've never been to Boston. We do not want to travel far from the city as we're there only a short time and I will look on the internet for places of interest but I guess those who live there will know the best sights.

I think I have discovered the best route to the hotel in Andover, using the subway and a commuter line from Logan Airport to Lawrence but we will also need to travel from Andover to Methuen: is there a bus or do we use taxis?

If you were having guests for the weekend (Saturday - Tuesday) after Thanksgiving, where would you take them? What would you show them?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:18 AM  

Amherst, MA
I don't live in Boston but have visited a few times and seen some pretty cool stuff every time I went. I enjoyed the Museum of Science and walking on the docks in the harbor. The Quincy Market area has tons of little shops and things to see, people performing and some great food. The North End has some great restaurants and bars. Of course, rides on the T are always fun too!

Hope this helps even a little bit!

Old 10-20-2010, 02:03 AM  

Guildford, England
Thanks: everything helps at this point. I am looking forward to the T, I live near and use the world's first metro and I've started "collecting" them. I read recently that Boston's is the oldest in North America so it will add a notch.

My worry was that by the end of November, the weather will kill off any outdoor entertainment. Anyway, the Museum of Science is now officially at the top of my list and I just hope it will not be relegated by SWMBO.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:13 AM  

Boston, MA
The aquarium is not bad.

Sam Adams has a small brewery (not their main facility) but if you like good beer, they make some stuff there that is not commercially available.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:10 PM  

might be cold, but you can check out the freedom trail. lots of old buildings, history
Old 12-15-2010, 08:13 PM  

Boston, Mass
Boston is spending about a billion dollars on museum renovations. Go to the new norman foster addition to the museum of fine arts, right off the green line. OR the ICA, there is a very nice harbor walk installation that leads you to the museum from fanuel hall.

Harpoon is also putting on a new addition, so if you go to the ICA just walk like an extra quarter mile down north road and tour harpooooon

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Bookmark this Page!