Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-15-2010, 08:18 PM  

Boston, Mass
Don't move to roxbury, cheap as hell because it is hell. Cambridge is very nice but possibly pricey. South boston has a lot of people just out of college getting situated and starting work.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:42 AM  

Depends on what you are looking for. Brookline is cool if you like living near the city and take the train everywhere. Parking is terrible out there. The south shore is nice, beaches malls etc. Hingham, Cohasset, are expensive towns. Quincy, weymouth, braintree are reasonable but you probably will need a car. North shore has some nice areas too, but you will need a car.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:20 PM  

Boston, MA
First thing, look for something near the T (subway in Boston). You absolutely will regret it if you're not within walking distance of the T as you just won't get the benefits of living in this area. I highly recommend something on the Red Line. Many folks will recommend Alston/Brighton. But that is the Green Line and I guarantee you'll be b*tching about Red Sox home game days and general slowness of that line. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Sox fan, but the Green Line is a huge PITA on game days. The Red Line is my suggestion to anyone moving to the area. You've got great Squares (Central, Harvard, Porter, Davis) along the northern half of that line with a LOT going on. Davis Square on the Red Line is my favorite and I lived there for about 8 years. You've also got decent access to highways from that area whereas other not as much. While I've never lived there, I have friends who live in JP (Jamaica Plain) section of Boston on the southern part of the Red Line and they love it.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:16 PM  

Check out Cambridgeport, Inman square in Cabridge or Davis Square in Sommerville. All very cool neighborhoods for young professionals and can be much cheaper than the trendy neighborhoods of Boston (North end, Backbay, South End etc.).

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.