Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2010, 03:51 PM  

Boston, MA
Restaurants/bars to find craft beer in the Boston area..

I've lived around the Boston area for a number of years now and only recently moved out to the suburbs. I wanted to know if there are any bars/restaurants aside from the more widely known ones that offer up a great craft beer selection. I'm already quite familiar with the following:

- Publick House and their sister, American Craft
- Deep Ellum
- Sunset Bar and Grill
- Redbones
- Lord Hobo

Any other suggestions?

Old 12-08-2010, 10:53 AM  

Amesbury Ale House

45 min north of Boston, but awesome selection.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:40 AM  

MA
Canary Square just opened in JP, corner of Center & South Huntington. 30 taps of pretty interesting, mostly American, almost entirely craft beers. The menu looks interesting too, but I haven't tried it yet.
They gladly give out 1oz tastes, so you don't have to commit blindly if the beers are new to you.
Plus Brendan Behan (good british imports, plus others) and the new Scottish place, The Haven, though I'm not sure how big/interesting the beer selection is (not huge).
I think I'm starting to digress into what's interesting rather than what's got tons selection. I'll hush up now.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:53 PM  

RevereM, Massachusetts
The Asgard in Cambridge has a great selection of craft beers on tap. It's around the corner from my work, so I have been in there a few times. Also, Cambridge Brewing Company in Kendall Square Cambridge as well as Boston Beer Works which has several locations.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:11 AM  

Somerville, MA
Cambridge Common on Mass Ave in Cambridge(between Porter and Harvard square) has 30 taps,several rotating daily, and also 1 cask ale on tap!
CAMBRIDGE COMMON
Old 12-21-2010, 10:22 AM  

Boston, Massachusetts
The British Beer Company Restaurant and Pub seems to have a pretty good selection, at least the Framingham one on Rt. 9, they usually even have some cask-conditioned ales on tap. Not quite the selection of Publick House, only a few Belgians, but you can get a listing of what they are pouring on the website.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:43 AM  

dracut, massachusetts
Check out The Tap in Haverhill for a brew-pub.
Check out The Grill Next Door for a restaurant which offers good food + a huge selection of craft beers (I think they have 36 rotating beers on tap).
Old 12-28-2010, 02:44 PM  

Union Brewhouse in Weymouth

This place has a great selection of beers on tap and in the bottle, small hole in the wall kind of bar with outdoor seating in the warmer weather.

The Union Brewhouse - Your South Shore Beer Destination
Old 12-28-2010, 06:03 PM  

Boston, MA
I actually like Rock Bottom downtown. Their rotating seasonal dark beer is usually pretty good. They're undergoing a re-branding though, so not sure how it will be once that it done. Hopefully better...
Old 02-18-2011, 05:21 PM  

Rico's

Rico's is locatin in Cambridge and the food is great. Home made pasta. The portions are huge!

Try it!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.