Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2011, 12:09 PM  

Dayton, Ohio
Watertown, MA

I've been offered a position in a company that resides in Watertown, MA. Before I accept, can anybody provide info on this city? When I did a city comparison, it seemed very expensive to relocate there. Are there any other cities close by, that would be better?

Thanks

Old 01-22-2011, 04:07 PM  

Boston, MA
Watertown

Iambar

I am a Real Estate agent at Century 21 Commonwealth and a life long resident of Watertown. How can I help you?

Old 03-01-2011, 05:14 PM  

Watertown is a pretty nice little place not too far (about five miles) outside of Boston. Very easy access to Boston, Fenway, Harvard Square. I am not sure of prices to rent/buy but it is definitely a lot cheaper than Boston. I think it would be similar to where I live in Arlington, where I pay 1500/month for a two bedroom with Basement and two parking spots.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:45 AM  

Compared to other towns around Boston it's in the middle of the price range and uber easy to get in and out of. While there are some apartment buildings I think you'll find most rentals are half of a two family house. Most were built between 1880 and 1930 and are 2BR, 1BA with nice interior woodwork. Top floor usually gets attic storage and bottom floor basement storage. Some have garage space some not. If a garage space is available 2 car off street parking is the norm, otherwise 1 car driveway space is typical. Most residential street have limited onstreet parking, but it's a PITA with snow in the winter.

Comparables might be Medford, Arlington, Revere, half of Waltham, or Quincy. Better and more $$ would be Newton, Milton, Dedham, Weston, Lincoln, better parts of Cambridge, and Boston's Backbay or Beacon Hill. Worse and some for less $$ would be Somerville, half of Waltham, Charlestown, Jamica Plain, Dorchester, Everett, or most of Cambridge.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:43 PM  

I agree with all of above. If you're coming for anything but a major Northeast city, Boston and all the surounding cities / towns will seem very expensive. The money that gets you a 1920's built 1700 sqft cape will but you a brand new 3000 sqft house in many other places. I love this town, but costs a ton to rent or buy here.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Bookmark this Page!