Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Boulder
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2010, 11:39 AM  

Minneapolis, MN
New to Boulder

Hey all,

I'll be moving from Minneapolis to boulder in mid January for a job. I was only in town for 2 days prior, so I know there is much more to the town than I saw.

I have a few things I want to know:

- Are there any parts of town you would recommend looking for housing in?
- What are some of the hot spots around town, I got to check out pearl street mall, but that was about it.
- Anything to avoid?
- Any other comments or tips are welcome.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:32 PM  

Front Range, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonbrad1 View Post
Hey all,

I'll be moving from Minneapolis to boulder in mid January for a job. I was only in town for 2 days prior, so I know there is much more to the town than I saw.

I have a few things I want to know:

- Are there any parts of town you would recommend looking for housing in?
- What are some of the hot spots around town, I got to check out pearl street mall, but that was about it.
- Anything to avoid?
- Any other comments or tips are welcome.
Unless you have a ton o money, maybe look for something in the Longmont, Louisville, or Lafayette as they will be a ton cheaper than Boulder. Look me up when get in town and I can show you around. I am also a MPLS transplant.
In Frith,
Devin

Old 12-22-2010, 03:25 PM  

Louisville, CO
Agreed, it depends a lot on how much your budget is and what your lifestyle is. I'm very interested in the cycling (road and mountain) and trails, less so on Denver nightlife. I was always told "the closer you are to Boulder, the happier you will be". Given Boulder itself was out of our budget, we found Louisville just an exit up the highway from Boulder and have not regretted it once. We have tons of trails we can ride from our front door and not that far from better riding around Boulder.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:02 PM  

Minneapolis, MN
Homesteader, I'll definitely send you a PM when I'm in the area. Right now I'm just looking for a short term rental and Boulder seems to have plenty of those with the University right there ( I only graduated 6 months ago, so I kinda miss the lifestyle too). It should give me some time to check out the area an figure out where I would most want to live. It's kind of hard with a thousand miles between me and checking out the place.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:23 PM  

Westminster, Colorado
If you get a bit into south Boulder by Table Mesa you can get into some decently priced rentals. Southern Sun brewpub is also readily available down that way.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:27 PM  

Denver, Colorado
I liked the Gunbarrel area. Still Boulder, but not as many weirdos.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:24 PM  

Do any of these areas have a little of everything? I'm headed that way myself pretty soon here. Wouldn't mind being somewhat close to the nightlife areas because that is where I will be looking for a job, but also don't care for luxuries or expensive housing. Just want to work and climb.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:31 PM  

If you're willing to do shared housing, you can find decent deals in downtown Boulder. I have a friend that shares an apt in a prime location (2 blocks from west Pearl St.) and pays under $400/mo. The advantage to being in Boulder (rather than Louisville, Gunbarrel, etc.) is that you can get around by bike most of the year as Boulder have tons of beautiful bike paths! Also, during the warmer months many of us gather for cruiser rides on Thursday eves, that way we can keep Boulder weird and not so ultra-boring-same-as-every-other-place like Unlimited04's preference.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:50 AM  

Renovating house

Hello, I need some brands, that sell high-quality wooden kitchen furniture? any clues??Please
Old 10-07-2011, 07:12 AM  

I see, nobody has bought cabinets to the kitchen ) Can't you recommend any store in this area?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Boulder
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.